Teaching English As A Second Languageby David Chapman
Teaching English as a Second Language presents a thorough guide to TEFL/TESL, carefully and meticulously assembled of the course of nine years by author David Chapman, whose experience in TEFL in South Korea and Taiwan form the basis for its material. Chapman offers a compilation of all the best ideas, reminders, games, and activities he has used in his classes, as well as vital and useful information for student and teacher alike.
The primary goal of Teaching English as a Second Language is to provide first-time TEFL/TESL teachers the tools and knowledge they need to teach a successful class for children learning English as a second language. This unique guide provides the advice and information needed in a compact and easy-to-use format with topics ranging from valuable teacher's tips to activities designed to aid students of all ages. When the time comes for your first TEFL experience, make sure you're prepared!
The Four Corners of Teaching English
• Read, read, and read some more of anything and everything you can possibly find. Let your students practice reading everything you come across
• Writing is a very difficult skill to master and therefore takes a lot of practice.
• The best way to improve your students listening skills is to have an English-only classroom and also to make sure your students pay attention during class.
• Correct their pronunciation. If you hear one student who makes an incorrect pronunciation of a word, stop!
- Trafford Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 0.18(w) x 8.50(h) x 5.50(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >