- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Teaching in Practice offers a range of practical methods for teaching and facilitating learning geared to the day-to-day realities encountered by professionals in the human services. Drawing on the literature of adult education and on a wealth of practical examples from different kinds of professional, practice Farquharson provides a wide range of conceptual models for improving teaching in human service practice.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
1. Teaching and Learning as Facets of Professional Practice.
2. Viewing Clients and Patients as Learners.
3. Developing Learning Relationships with Clients, Patients, and Colleagues.
4. Becoming Skilled at Group Facilitation.
5. Assessing What Needs to Be Learned.
6. Teaching Effectively—Spontaneously and By Design.
7. Selecting Resources and Activities to Support Teaching.
8. Using Evaluation to Enhance Effectiveness.
9. Helping Through Teaching: Enhancing Professional Practice.