Teaching Online: A Practical Guide / Edition 3by Susan Ko, Steve Rossen
Pub. Date: 03/11/2010
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
Teaching Online: A Practical Guide is a practical, concise guide for educators teaching online. This updated edition has been fully revamped and reflects important changes that have occurred since the second edition’s publication. A leader in the online field, this best- selling resource maintains its reader friendly tone and offers exceptional/em>
Teaching Online: A Practical Guide is a practical, concise guide for educators teaching online. This updated edition has been fully revamped and reflects important changes that have occurred since the second edition’s publication. A leader in the online field, this best- selling resource maintains its reader friendly tone and offers exceptional practical advice, new teaching examples, faculty interviews, and an updated resource section.
New to this edition:
- new chapter on how faculty and instructional designers can work collaboratively
- expanded chapter on Open Educational Resources, copyright, and intellectual property
- more international relevance, with global examples and interviews with faculty in a wide variety of regions
- new interactive Companion Website that invites readers to post questions to the author, offers real-life case studies submitted by users, and includes an updated, online version of the resource section.
Focusing on the "how" and "whys" of implementation rather than theory, this text is a must-have resource for anyone teaching online or for students enrolled in Distance Learning and Educational Technology Masters Programs.
- Taylor & Francis
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.40(w) x 7.90(h) x 1.00(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
The organization of the manual makes it easy to read and follow. It offers practical suggestions, and is thorough in the topics covered. The only problem I encountered was that many of the websites listed are inaccessible.
I have looked through and read countless books on distance education and most of them were a waste of time. Some at least had a chapter or two with some good information. Every chapter in this book is a gem, or should I say a mine of full of gems of information. It is very readable, it covers the essentials, and, most importantly, it is current.