I. LITERATURE-BASED READING INSTRUCTION.
1. Using Literature in the Reading Program.
2. Choosing Literature for Children.
3. Learning About Authors and Illustrators.
4. Perspectives on Literature-Based Reading Instruction.
5. Teaching from the Reader Response Perspective.
6. Teaching from a Critical Perspective.
7. Teaching from an Interactive Perspective.
8. Putting It All Together.
9. Assessing Students' Learning.
II. ACTION PLANS.
Kindergarten Action Plan: Reading and Comparing "Gingerbread Boy" Stories.
Grade 1 Action Plan: Celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday.
Grade 2 Action Plan: Reading and Writing about Dinosaurs.
Grade 3 Action Plan: Mrs. Morehouse's Class Learns "We Are All Pilgrims."
Grade 4 Action Plan: Focus Unit on The Sign of the Beaver.
Grade 5 Action Plan: Tuesday is Poetry Workshop Day.
Grade 6 Action Plan: "Readers at Work" in Mr. Diaz's Classroom.
Grades 7 and 8 Action Plans: Participating in Literature Discussion Groups.