Teaching Science for All Children: An Inquiry Approach (with "Video Explorations" VideoWorkshop CD-ROM) / Edition 4by Ralph Martin, Colleen Sexton, Jack Gerlovich, Colleen M. Sexton, Teresa Franklin
Pub. Date: 07/23/2004
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- to foster awareness among their students concerning the nature of science /li>
This successful text, organized around the four key areas of the learning cycleExploration, Explanation, Expansion, and Evaluationcontinues to integrate the National Science Education Standards throughout. It provides future teachers with the methods they need to:
- to foster awareness among their students concerning the nature of science
- to implement skills in the classroom using science inquiry processes
- to develop in their students an understanding of the interactions among science, technology, and society.
New To This Edition
- New! Student CD-ROM offers over 60 minutes of interactive video clips of classroom footage and safety demonstrations by the authors. These clips are integrated into the text via discussion questions and activities to help students understand the video material and instructors integrate the video into classroom assignments.
- New! Chapter on integrating the content areas. Chapter 8 discusses integrating science into math, language arts, and the social studies.
- Expanded coverage of Assessment (Chapter 5) provides ample coverage of how teachers assess and evaluate student performance.
- New! 4-E Lessons have been incorporated into each of the methods chapters in Part I, illustrating the 4-E method of teaching. Each lesson describes a hands-on, classroom-tested activity.
- Updated Build a Portfolio (or E-folio) now provides suggestions on how to keep a portfolio electronically.
- More than 60 complete science lessons, with more than 150 different activities encourage hands-on/minds-on activity and high levels of concept formation. All lessons have beenclassroom tested.
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 4TH BK&CDR
- Product dimensions:
- 7.64(w) x 9.38(h) x 1.28(d)
Table of ContentsEach chapter begins with ”Introduction” and concludes with “Chapter Summary,” “Discussion Quotations,” and “Build a Portfolio or E-folio.”
I. 4-E Methods for Teaching Science.
II. 4-E Inquiry Lessons for Teaching Science.
Appendix: National Science Education Standards: Contents Standards for Grades K-4 and 5-8.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >