- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Deepen your mathematics understanding with access to professional development workshops with legendary mathematician John Van de Walle.
Based on the best-selling series for grades K-8, The Van de Walle Professional Mathematics Series, educators now have access to the student-centered, problem-based approach to mathematics on video with the Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics eBook Series. Each of the three grade band eBook DVDs, K-3, 3-5 and 5-8, feature grade specific lessons in action, personal interviews with the author, instructional tips and strategies, and more.
What makes the eBook so unique?
The eBook is available for purchase in the following package configurations:
*For order information, including pricing, please contact your local sales representative.
The Single User e-Book DVD is aligned to the printed book, Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics: Grades 3-5 which is part of the Van de Walle Professional Mathematics Series.
1. Foundations of Student-Centered Instruction.
2. Numbers and Number Sense.
3. Helping Children Master the Basic Facts.
4. Strategies for Whole-Number Computation.
5. Fraction Concepts.
6. Fraction Computation.
7. Decimal and Percent Concepts and Computation.
8. Geometric Thinking and Geometric Concepts.
9. Developing Measurement Concepts.
10. Algebraic Reasoning.
11. Exploring Data Analysis.
12. Exploring Concepts of Probability.
Appendix A. NCTM Principles and Standards for School Mathematics.
Appendix B. NCTM Professional Standards for Teaching Mathematics.