Teaching Today : Introduction to Education / Edition 7by David G. Armstrong
Pub. Date: 05/28/2004
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Teaching Today, Seventh Edition, connects well-grounded research with decision making and practical classroom application, making it an invaluable resource for beginning teachers. Readers are introduced to current issues in education and the realities of teaching in today's classrooms. They learn how to analyze, reflect, and decide how to respond and what/i>
Teaching Today, Seventh Edition, connects well-grounded research with decision making and practical classroom application, making it an invaluable resource for beginning teachers. Readers are introduced to current issues in education and the realities of teaching in today's classrooms. They learn how to analyze, reflect, and decide how to respond and what roles they will be required to play as teachers. Unique to Teaching Today, Part III, Teaching and Assessing, gives readers four chapters filled with vivid, detailed pictures of effective instruction, classroom management and discipline, and assessment, deepening readers' understanding of the realities of teaching today.
New to the Seventh Edition:
- Chapter 13, Influences of Technology. This chapter illustrates the impact of technology on teaching today, how teachers can incorporate technology into their classroom practice, and how to make informed decisions about the use of technology in the classroom.
- Text organization including:
- Profiles of Today's Learners (Chapter 4)
- Responding to Diversity (Chapter 5)
- Social and Philosophical Perspectives (Chapter 11)
- Legal Issues Affecting Learners and Teachers (Chapter 14)
- Extended coverage throughout the book of curriculum standards, standardized testing, accountability, and the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
PART 1: THE PROFESSION.
1. Education in a Age of Change.
2. Becoming a Professional Educator.
3. Challenges of School Reform.
PART 2: LEARNERS AND THEIR NEEDS.
4. Profiles of Today's Learners.
5. Responding to Diversity.
6. Meeting the Needs of Exceptional Learners.
PART 3: TEACHING AND ASSESSING.
7. The Curriculum.
8. Effective Instruction.
9. Classroom Management and Discipline.
10. Assessing Learning.
PART 4: SHAPERS OF TODAY'S EDUCATIONAL WORLD.
11. Social and Philosophical Perspectives.
12. Historical Influences.
13. Influences of Technology.
14. Legal Issues Affecting Learners and Teachers.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >