Teaching Today's Health / Edition 7by David Anspaugh
Pub. Date: 06/27/2003
Teaching TodayUs Health balances a strong foundation of health methods theory with a wealth of activities to give readers the tools they need to become successful health educators. In addition to an enhanced design and photo program, the Seventh Edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect current health issues such as violence and questions about terrorism. New features like Teaching in Action boxes and suggested grade levels for each activity help readers create a curriculum for their own K-8 classroom. KEY TOPICS The bookUs comprehensive coverage includes topics such as mental health, personal health, family life, and substance abuse. A dynamic new website includes chapter quizzes and weblinks for additional review.For college instructors, students, or anyone interested in health and wellness.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.50(d)
Table of Contents1. The Need for Health Education.
2. The Role of the Teacher in Health Instruction.
3. Planning for Health Instruction.
4. Strategies for Implementing Health Instruction.
5. Measurement and Evaluation of Health Education.
6. Mental Health and Stress Reduction.
7. Strategies for Teaching Mental Health and Stress Reduction.
8. Body Systems.
9. Personal Health.
10. Strategies for Teaching Body Systems and Personal Health.
11. Sexuality Education.
12. Strategies for Teaching Sexuality Education.
13. Substance Use and Abuse.
14. Strategies for Teaching Substance Use and Abuse.
15. Infectious and Noninfectious Conditions.
16. Strategies for Teaching Infectious and Noninfectious Conditions.
18. Strategies for Teaching Nutrition.
19. Intentional and Unintentional Injuries, Accident and Violence Prevention.
20. Strategies for Teaching Intentional and Unintentional Injuries.
21. Consumer Health.
22. Strategies for Teaching Consumer Health.
23. Aging, Dying and Death.
24. Strategies for Teaching Aging, Dying and Death.
25. Environmental Health.
26. Strategies for Teaching Environmental Health.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >