Technical Analysis / Edition 1by Jack D. Schwager, Schwager
Pub. Date: 12/15/1995
Schwager on Futures Technical Analysis Jack Schwager is one of the most important and visible figures in the futures industry today. His Market Wizards and The New Market Wizards are two of the bestselling finance titles of all time. Now, in the latest volume in the Schwager on Futures series, Technical Analysis, Schwager has created the most comprehensive guide… See more details below
Schwager on Futures Technical Analysis Jack Schwager is one of the most important and visible figures in the futures industry today. His Market Wizards and The New Market Wizards are two of the bestselling finance titles of all time. Now, in the latest volume in the Schwager on Futures series, Technical Analysis, Schwager has created the most comprehensive guide ever for using technical analysis for futures trading. What makes Technical Analysis unique, besides its in-depth coverage, is that it is written from a trader's perspective. Schwager doesn't merely cover the subject, he explores what works and doesn't work in the real world of trading.
• Contains a comprehensive guide to chart analysis written with a particular focus on trading applications
• Includes a separate 200+ page section illustrating the use of chart analysis in the real world
• Details and illustrates several original trading systems
• Includes a self-contained primer on cyclical analysis
• Describes popular oscillators, the pitfalls in their common use, and guidelines to their successful application in trading
• Explains the concept and use of "continuous futures"and compares 10-year continuous futures charts with conventional nearest futures charts for all major U.S. futures markets
• Contains a section on trading strategy and philosophy, including over 100 trading tips
Hundreds of charts, tables, and examples illustrate key points throughout, while the text is written in the informative, insightful, and nontechnical style that has made Jack Schwager one of the most highly regarded and bestselling investment authors ever. This invaluable book by one of the world's foremost authorities is destined to become the premier industry guide on technical analysis for many years to come.
Table of Contents
Partial table of contents:
Charts: Forecasting Tool or Folklore?
Is Chart Analysis Still Valid?
Setting Objectives and Other Position Exit Criteria.
Linking Contracts for Long-Term Chart Analysis: Nearest Versus Continuous Futures.
REAL-WORLD CHART ANALYSIS.
Real-World Chart Analysis.
OSCILLATORS AND CYCLES.
Cycle Analysis of the Futures Markets (R. Mogey & J. Schwager).
TRADING SYSTEMS AND PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT.
Examples of Original Trading Systems.
Testing and Optimizing Trading Systems.
PRACTICAL TRADING GUIDELINES.
Eighty-Two Trading Rules and Market Observations.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Schwager provided an excellent follow-up to 'A Complete Guide to the Futures Market.' After using 'A Complete Guide...' in two college courses, some 15 years ago, it was refreshing to see this now updated version. Second part in the series.