- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Houston, TX
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
I: FORMS OF COMMUNICATION.
1. Instructions and Process: Explaining a Procedure.
2. Description of a Mechanism: Explaining How Something Works.
3. Definition: Explaining What Something Is.
4. Analysis Through Classification and Partition: Putting Things in Order.
5. Analysis Through Effect-Cause and Comparison-Contrast: Looking at Details.
6. The Summary: Getting to the Heart of the Matter.
7. Memorandums and Letters: Sending Messages.
8. Reports: Conveying Needed Information.
9. The Research Report: Becoming Acquainted with Resource Materials.
10. Oral Communication: Saying It Clearly.
11. Visuals: Seeing Is Convincing.
II: SELECTED READINGS.
Clear Only If Known, Edgar Dale.
Battle for the Soul of the Internet, Philip Elmer-Dewitt.
The Powershift Era, Alvin Toffler.
Hardest Lessons for First-Time Managers, Linda A. Hill.
Quality, John Galsworthy.
Excerpt from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert M. Pirsig.
The Science of Deduction, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Are You Alive?, Stuart Chase.
Clear Writing Means Clear Thinking Means..., Marvin H. Swift.
A Technical Writer Considers His Latest Love Object, Chick Wallace.
Blue Heron, Chick Wallace.
The Effects of Perceived Justice on Complainants' Negative Word-of-Mouth Behavior and Repatronage Intentions, Jeffrey G. Blodgett, Donald H. Granbois, and Rockney G.Walters.
Excerpt from Non-Medical Lasers: Everyday Life in a New Light, Rebecca D. Williams.
"Journeying Through the Cosmos" from The Shores of the Cosmic Ocean, Carl Sagan.
"Work" from The Book of Virtues, William J. Bennett.
The Active Document: Making Pages Smarter, David J. Weinberger.
The Power of Mistakes, Stephen Nachmanovitch.
Self-Motivation: Ten Techniques for Activating or Freeing the Spirit, Richard L. Weaver.
III: REVISING AND EDITING.