- Longman Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.02(w) x 8.99(h) x 0.72(d)
Table of ContentsIntroduction.
I. TECHNIQUES FOR PLANNING INFORMATION.
1. Understanding Readers, by Janice C. Redish, American Institutes for Research, Document Design Center.
2. The Design Draft--Organizing Information, by Heather Fawcett, Samuel Ferdinand, and Ann Rockley, Information Design Solutions.
3. Planning and Tracking a Project, by James Prekeges, Microsoft Corporation.
4. Working with People, by Carol M. Barnum, Southern College of Technology.
II. TECHNIQUES FOR DESIGNING INFORMATION.
5. A Way with Words--Presenting Information Verbally, by Saul Carliner.
6. Pictures Please--Presenting Information Visually, by William Horton, William Horton Consulting.
7. Design that Delivers--Formatting Information for Print and Online Documents, by Martha Andrews Nord, Vanderbilt University, and Beth Tanner, Tanner Corporate Services.
8. Presenting Information through Multimedia, by Francis D. Atkinson, Georgia State University.
III. TECHNIQUES FOR EDITING INFORMATION.
9. Remembering the Details--Matters of Grammar and Style, by Fern Rook, Consultant, and Fellow, Society for Technical Communication.
10. Sweat and Small Stuff--Editing for Consistency, by Vee Nelson, Nelson Associates.
IV. TECHNIQUES FOR VERIFYING AND PROTECTING INFORMATION.
11. Test Drive--Evaluating the Usability of Documents, by Ann Hill Duin, University of Minnesota.
12. Protecting Your Work--Professional Ethics and the Copyright Law, by Jacquelyn L. Monday, Chief of the Publications Section of the Louisiana GeologicalSurvey, and Mark C. Hester, freelance technical writer and editor.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >