Techniques of Writing: Business Letters, Memos, and Reports / Edition 2by Courtland L. Bovee
Pub. Date: 01/01/1989
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA
Techniques of Writing Business Letters, Memos, and Reports is a concise supplemental text covering the basics of effective business writing in these three essential areas. The text eases the job of teaching, as students are not only told what to do, they are shown, step-by-step. Short, applications-oriented exercises enable students to practice what they have… See more details below
Techniques of Writing Business Letters, Memos, and Reports is a concise supplemental text covering the basics of effective business writing in these three essential areas. The text eases the job of teaching, as students are not only told what to do, they are shown, step-by-step. Short, applications-oriented exercises enable students to practice what they have learned and allow instructors to pinpoint areas which require more work.
In this book, Courtland L. Bovee reveals the following secrets of successful writing that help students become better business writers:
* Action-oriented phrases that sell ideas and motivate others to do what you want them to do.
* Three words that can destroy favorable reactions to what you write.
* How to turn negative words into positive words.
* A simple formula that makes your writing more readable.
* How to keep your business associates and customers happyeven when you have to criticize, scold, or decline a request.
* Writing shortcuts that put across your ideas quickly and concisely.
* Writing tips that turn adversaries into friends. How to make written communication work for you instead of against you.
- Oxford University Press, USA
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 5.30(h) x 0.30(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: Principles of Written Communication
Write to People
Make Reading Easy
Style Is A Help
Correcting Faults in Technique
Part II. Principles of Writing Letters
Letter Writing Techniques
Types of Letters
Positive vs. Negative Viewpoint
Confidence and Conviction
Part III: Principles of Writing Memorandums
Part IV: Principles of Writing Formal Reports
Types of Reports
Letter of Authorization
Letter of Transmittal
Table of Contents
The Data Base
Illustrations and Tables
Part V: Principles of Writing Informal Reports
Part VI: Appendixes
A. References for Business Writers
B. Skill-Building Writing Exercises
C. Checklist of Wordy and Trite Expressions
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >