- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"In these days of shrinking education dollars, this book provides a wealth of funding sources. A 'must have' for all dynamic administrators who will lead their schools through the new century!"—Frances J. Sills, former principal, Cedar Grove High School, New Jersey, and educational consultantUsing computers and getting "wired" have become priorities for educators and parents. But most schools lack the funds to fulfill their technological dreams. And many schools make the mistake of framing their proposals as equipment requests rather than showing how technology can facilitate better educational outcomes for students. This practical book-and-disk kit shows how to develop more effective technology funding proposals. It helps schools to identify the issues that can be resolved more efficiently through technology and then details how to effectively articulate what they need, why they need it, how they will use it, and who will benefit from the technological enhancements.Grants expert David G. Bauer arms the grantseeker with a deeper understanding of the funding landscape—from individual and corporate to foundation and government sources. He also provides a wealth of strategic tools, including worksheets, sample letters and forms, checklists, charts, spreadsheets, and web links to additional funding sources. And for easy access and customization, many of the hands-on resources are available on the accompanying disk. Technology Funding for Schools is a complete grantseeking toolkit for administrators, teachers, parents, and policymakers.
1. What Technology Means to Your Educational System.
2. Developing a Technology Support Group.
3. The Marketplace: Where's the Money?.
4. Why Individuals and Organizations Should Fund Your Technology Program.
5. Developing Search Parameters for Identifying Potential Grantors.
6. Using Foundation Grants to Obtain or Enhance Your School's Technology.
7. Developing and Sustaining Corporate Support for School Technology.
8. Assessing Federal and State Opportunities for School Technology.
9. The ABCs of Fund-Raising for School Technology.
10. Why People Give, Using Consultants, and the Ethics of Fund-Raising.
11. Developing Your Funding Strategy and Putting It All Together.