- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: acton, MA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Will Metzger's training manual on the message and methods of God-centered evangelism is now in its third edition!
This revised and expanded version of the original guide published in 1981 is written to address the concern that many Christians, entrusted with the gospel message, have forgotten the message and their responsibility to accurately convey it.
The recovery of a God-centered and grace-centered gospel is imperative, says Will Metzger. In the third edition of his critically-acclaimed training manual he expands on the topics of grace and worship. And he emphasizes the centrality of sovereign, saving grace that completely exalts God. In addition, he offers a narrative approach to witnessing with the story "Come Home," training materials for Christians who want to learn God-centered evangelism, and a study guide on evangelism suitable for individuals or groups.
More than ever, Tell the Truth is ready to serve the church as a comprehensive, accessible and effective guide to God-centered evangelism.
Preface to the Revised and Expanded Edition Introduction: The Whole Gospel to the Whole Person Wholly by Grace by Whole People: Our Task in EvangelismPart One: The Whole Gospel: Content of Our Message
1. Personal Witness as Planting and Watering What Is Witnessing?
The Difference Between the Gospel and Our Testimony Distinguishing Our Role from God's
2. The Gospel Reduced Packaging the Gospel Whole Gospel/Shrunken Gospel Message-Centered/Method-Centered God-Centered/Me-Centered Is the Gospel Really Being Compromised?
Truth: The Measuring Stick of Evangelism
3. The Gospel Recovered Gospel Grammar: The Five Primary Points of the Gospel Gospel Telling: "Come Home" DiagramPart Two: To the Whole Person: Conversion of the Total Person
4. Professors but Not Possessors Mere Conversion A Partial Response to the Gospel
5. The Whole Gospel to the Mind All Head Knowledge Little Head Knowledge The Balance: Thinking God's Thoughts, Not Judging God's Ways
6. The Whole Gospel to the Emotions Only Emotional Reaction No Emotional Reaction The Balance: Emotions Led by Truth
7. The Whole Gospel to the Will The Balance: God Moving Sinners Through Persuasion The Labeling Fallacy Reaching the Whole PersonPart Three: Wholly by Grace: The Foundation for Evangelism
8. Grace Is Only for the Powerless Salvation Is Impossible for Nice People Three Myths That Obscure Grace Unable yet Responsible
9. God Is Grace-Full Grace Makes Salvation Possible Our Re-creating God
10. Sovereign, Saving Grace Grace Discriminates Not Free Will but a Freed Will Because It Pleases Him
11. Worship Motivation for Evangelism: Encountering a Macro-God Worship: The Passion for and the Purpose of Evangelism Real Converts Really Worship God-Centered Evangelists WorshipPart Four: Offered by Whole People: Character and Communication in Witnessing
12. Ordinary Christians Can Witness Pluralism and the New Definition of Tolerance Christ, the Only Way to God Reasoning with People Speaking to the Conscience Our Fears Wholeness in Attitudes and Motivation Prayer and the Spirit
13. How to Communicate Personally No Perfect Methods, but Help for Starting Different People, Different Places Getting Started Conversation Turners Conversation with a Direction The Uninterested Using a Summary of the Gospel Bloom Where You Are Planted Practical Effects of Grace-Centered Evangelism Our Goal: Disciples Plans to ObeyAppendixes Appendix A: Training Materials for Learning God-Centered Evangelism The Kind of Person God Uses in Evangelism Preparing Your Testimony Learning to Say What You Mean Being a Good Listener How to Ask Good Questions Friendship Evangelism Language Barriers Four Role Plays for Learning to Witness Evaluating the Content of a Gospel Presentation Questions Non-Christian Ask Guidelines for Organizing Contact Evangelism Spiritual Interest Questionnaire Schedule for a God-Centered Evangelism Training Seminar Weekend Appendix B: Learning the Gospel Diagram "Come Home"
Procedures for Learning the "Come Home" Gospel Diagram Come Home: Overview for Memorization
"Come Home: Simplified Version"
Telling the Gospel Through Stories God's Test for Everyone: Measure Yourself by God's Law Do You Dare Look Inside Yourself?
Appendix C: Study Guide: Twelve Sessions for Individuals or Groups Appendix D: Doctrine Is Not an Obscene Word Notes Scripture Index Permissions
Posted October 26, 2004
In Tell the Truth, Metzger deals with all the issues that surround all evangelistic efforts, guilt, manipulation, pressure, deception, even being man-centered. If you want to have the tools to not only do effective evangelism but God-centered, God-glorifying evangelism, this book will help you get there.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.