Temporomandibular Disorders: A Problem-Based Approachby Robin Gray, Ziad Al-Ani
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
A quick, systematic and logical approach to diagnosing and treating temporomandibular disorders (TMD), this latest book in the Dental Update series is an essential clinical companion for dental students and practising dentists. Starting with an overview of the basic principles of TMD, such as the anatomy of the temporomandibular joint and its physiology and pathology in relation to clinical treatment, the book goes on to present the realities of managing patients, using a case-based approach to help readers understand and engage with the information. Each later chapter presents a different problem in the form of a case study, and each study features a systematic approach to aid learning.
Temporomandibular Disorders: A Problem-Based Approach promotes learning as a dynamic process of active involvement. It encourages valuation by self-assessment with questions at the end of the book, and a unique link to an online interactive quiz where readers can test their knowledge of TMD. The final chapters include practical guides of how to make splints and samples of patient information sheets that can be used as templates. The book is illustrated in full colour, with helpful clinical images and diagrams.
- Uses a case-based approach to promote effective management of TMD
- Covers basic scientific background as well as clinical scenarios
- Addresses not only ‘why’ but also ‘how’ with a highly practical focus
- Includes a unique link to an online interactive quiz (visit www.wiley.com/go/gray)
- Contains many full colour clinical images and diagrams
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 16 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >