- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This updated quick-reference tool helps new and experienced teachers succeed in lesson design, classroom management, assessment, discipline, communicating with parents, planning for the unexpected, and more!
1. A Knowing Colleague as Counsel: About the Policies, Practices, and Politics!
Proactively Seek a Mentor
Film Clip: Finding Forrester
2. A Place Called "My Room" for Students to Grow, to Groom, and to Zoom!
Create a Climate That Fosters Growth and Pride
Film Clip: Pay It Forward
3. A Method for Managing 1,500 Decisions: On Your Seat/On Your Feet!
Let Common Sense Rule the Moment of Decision
Film Clip: Teachers
4. A Discipline Plan That Works on Paper and on Students!
Be Consistent! Be Flexible!
Film Clip: To Sir With Love
5. A Standard Understanding of the Almighty Standards!
"Cluster" Standards Into Curriculum Content
Film Clip: Best of Saturday Night Live: Seinfeld-History Lesson
6. A Known Knowledge Base of Core Curriculum Content!
Map the Course - Then Talk With an Expert
Film Clip: Master and Commander
7. A Fail-Safe Lesson Design for Teachers to Teach and Learners to Learn!
Teach Them - Them Coach Them!
Film Clip: Dead Poet's Society
8. A Repertoire of Teaching Strategies: Different Strokes for Different Folks!
Tap Into the Talents of Each Learner
Film Clip: Akeelah and the Bee
9. A Love Affair With Assessment: Rubrics Are Our New Best Friend!
Share Criteria For Success With Students Before They Begin the Task
Film Clip: Music of the Heart
10. A Winning Way With Parents: To Report, Relate, and Celebrate
Involve Parents In the Teaching/Learning Process
Film Clip: Mr Holland's Opus