- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Help ensure your teaching success with these powerful professional tools!
In a quick-reference format, this second edition offers 10 high-impact strategies to help new and experienced instructors succeed in the classroom. The author has organized topics to give teachers the option of studying and growing together by discussing and applying one chapter each month. Updated throughout, this easy-to-use resource recommends ways to connect with a mentor and offers readings, related film clips, discussion questions, and action steps for successful:
1. A Knowing Colleague as Counsel: About the Policies, Practices, and Politics!
Proactively Seek a Mentor
Film Clip: Finding Forrester
2. A Place Called "My Room" for Students to Grow, to Groom, and to Zoom!
Create a Climate That Fosters Growth and Pride
Film Clip: Pay It Forward
3. A Method for Managing 1,500 Decisions: On Your Seat/On Your Feet!
Let Common Sense Rule the Moment of Decision
Film Clip: Teachers
4. A Discipline Plan That Works on Paper and on Students!
Be Consistent! Be Flexible!
Film Clip: To Sir With Love
5. A Standard Understanding of the Almighty Standards!
"Cluster" Standards Into Curriculum Content
Film Clip: Best of Saturday Night Live: Seinfeld-History Lesson
6. A Known Knowledge Base of Core Curriculum Content!
Map the Course - Then Talk With an Expert
Film Clip: Master and Commander
7. A Fail-Safe Lesson Design for Teachers to Teach and Learners to Learn!
Teach Them - Them Coach Them!
Film Clip: Dead Poet's Society
8. A Repertoire of Teaching Strategies: Different Strokes for Different Folks!
Tap Into the Talents of Each Learner
Film Clip: Akeelah and the Bee
9. A Love Affair With Assessment: Rubrics Are Our New Best Friend!
Share Criteria For Success With Students Before They Begin the Task
Film Clip: Music of the Heart
10. A Winning Way With Parents: To Report, Relate, and Celebrate
Involve Parents In the Teaching/Learning Process
Film Clip: Mr Holland's Opus