Testing People at Work: Competencies in Psychometric Testing / Edition 1by Mike Smith, Pam Smith, Alison Smith
Pub. Date: 02/21/2005
Testing People at Work is an authoritative, practical text on selection and assessment. It explains psychometric testing in occupational settings and also covers other methods of selection such as assessment centres and e-selection. The book systematically covers all the topics required for the BPS Certificates of Competence in Testing, Levels A and B./i>… See more details below
Testing People at Work is an authoritative, practical text on selection and assessment. It explains psychometric testing in occupational settings and also covers other methods of selection such as assessment centres and e-selection. The book systematically covers all the topics required for the BPS Certificates of Competence in Testing, Levels A and B.
This distinctive text:
- Covers the whole process of testing, from job analysis to reporting results.
- Uses new theoretical frameworks for the topics of personality and motivation.
- Includes extensive discussion of ethics in selection and assessment.
- Incorporates many tables and diagrams giving practical help to users of psychometric tests.
The book is accompanied by supplementary online material (including sample reports and notes on some controversies in testing), found at www.blackwellpublishing.com/testing
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.80(w) x 9.70(h) x 0.99(d)
Table of Contents
1. Competence in Occupational Testing.
Part I Preparation for Testing:.
2. Job Analysis and Person Specifications.
3. Introduction to Intelligence & Cognitive Ability.
4. Introduction to Personality.
5. Introduction to Motives (Needs, Interest and Values).
6. Attracting Applicants.
Part II Psychometrics.
7. Basic Statistics 1.
8. Basic Statistics 2.
9. Sensitivity of Selection Measures.
10. Standard Error and Reliability.
12. Bias of Measures.
13. Calculating the Sterling Value of Selection (utilities analysis).
Part III Assessment Tools.
14. Choice of Selection Methods.
15. Psychometric Tests 1.
16. Psychometric Tests 2.
18. Other Scientific Methods of Selection.
19. Assessment Centres.
Part IV Using Tests.
20. Test Administration.
21. Norms and Profiles.
22. Interpreting Scores.
23. Face-to-face Feedback.
24. Written Reports.
25. Telephone Feedback.
26. Ethics and Data Protection.
Tests and Measures Index
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >