Texas Real Estate / Edition 10by Charles J. Jacobus
Pub. Date: 08/03/2007
Publisher: Cengage Learning
Exceptionally complete and up-to-date, this best-selling volume covers the essentials of Texas real estate AND national real estate trends in a single integrated volume. It is an ideal reference on Texas-specific information for Realtors, and will provide those preparing for the Texas real estate license exam and professional practice with a solid grounding in principles and practice as well as valuable insight into everything from career opportunities to the nature of real estate, mortgage theory and deeds of trust. Uses a transaction-oriented approach throughout. Explains the requirements for real estate licenses. Reflects the 1995 and 1997 Texas legislative changes. Covers new statutes on power of attorney termination, new license law changes and agency concepts, new homestead issues per changes in the Texas constitution, new financing issues, and new TREC promulgated contract forms. Includes a separate chapter on Fair Housing. Uses the new NAI exam format for questions at end of each chapter and in three final practice/review examinations. For Realtors and individuals interested in Texas real estate and for those preparing for the Texas Real Estate license exam.
- Cengage Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents1. Introduction to Real Estate.
2. Nature and Description of Real Estate.
3. Rights and Interests in Land.
4. Forms of Ownership.
5. Transferring Title.
6. Recordation, Abstracts, and Title Insurance.
7. Contract Law.
8. Real Estate Sales Contracts.
9. Mortgage Theory and Law.
10. Lending Practices.
11. The Loan and the Consumer.
12. Sources of Financing.
13. Types of Financing.
14. Taxes and Assessments.
15. Title Closing and Escrow.
16. Real Estate Leases.
17. Real Estate Appraisal.
18. Licensing Laws and Professional Affiliation.
19. The PrincipalBroker RelationshipEmployment.
20. The PrincipalBroker RelationshipAgency.
21. Fair Housing, ADA, Equal Credit, and Community Reinvestment.
22. Condominiums, Cooperatives, PUDs, and Timeshares
23. Land-Use Control.
24. Investing in Real Estate.
Appendix A. The Real Estate License Act.
Appendix B. Canons/Texas Real Estate Commission.
Appendix C. Real Estate Math Review.
Appendix D. Practice Exam 1.
Appendix E. Practice Exam 2.
Appendix F. Answer Key.
Glossary and Index.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >