Text and Corpus Analysis: Computer Assisted Studies of Language and Culture / Edition 1by Michael Stubbs
Pub. Date: 05/09/1996
This book provides detailed studies in one of the fastest growing areas of linguistics - corpus analysis - and shows how computers can be used to reveal culturally significant patterns of language use. See more details below
This book provides detailed studies in one of the fastest growing areas of linguistics - corpus analysis - and shows how computers can be used to reveal culturally significant patterns of language use.
Table of Contents
List of Figures, Concordances and Tables.
Data Conventions and Terminology.
Notes on Corpus Data and Software.
Part I: Concepts and History:.
1. Texts and Text Types.
2. British Traditions in Text Analysis: Firth, Halliday and Sinclair.
3. Institutional Linguistics: Firth, Hill and Giddens.
Part II: Text and Corpus Analysis:.
4. Baden-Powell: A Comparative Analysis of Two Short Texts.
5. Judging the Facts: An Analysis of One Text in its Institutional Context.
6. Human and Inhuman Geography: A Comparative Analysis of Two Long Texts and a Corpus.
7. Keywords, Collocations and Culture: The Analysis of Word Meanings across Corpora.
8. Towards a Modal Grammar of English: A Matter of Prolonged Fieldwork.
9. The Classic Questions.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >