List of Figures, Concordances and Tables.
Data Conventions and Terminology.
Notes on Corpus Data and Software.
Part I: Concepts and History:.
1. Texts and Text Types.
2. British Traditions in Text Analysis: Firth, Halliday and Sinclair.
3. Institutional Linguistics: Firth, Hill and Giddens.
Part II: Text and Corpus Analysis:.
4. Baden-Powell: A Comparative Analysis of Two Short Texts.
5. Judging the Facts: An Analysis of One Text in its Institutional Context.
6. Human and Inhuman Geography: A Comparative Analysis of Two Long Texts and a Corpus.
7. Keywords, Collocations and Culture: The Analysis of Word Meanings across Corpora.
8. Towards a Modal Grammar of English: A Matter of Prolonged Fieldwork.
9. The Classic Questions.