Textbook for Dental Nurses, 9th Edition / Edition 9by H. Levison, H. Levinson
Pub. Date: 08/04/2004
The years that have elapsed since publication of the eighth edition of this book have witnessed some of the most major transitions in the history of dental nursing. Many of these developments are heralded by the modernisation and expansion of the dental care professions, while others are due to changes in techniques and materials. The ninth edition of the book has been substantially overhauled to reflect these advances, but retains the core information on dental nursing which has made this book a deserved classic!
This latest edition anticipates mandatory registration and the growth of post-certification courses, while continuing in its tradition of providing a generous companion text for those entering the profession and preparing for initial certification. Dental nurses pursuing access to registration will find the book a substantial resource.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.80(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.85(d)
Table of Contents
1. Structure of the Dental Profession.
2. The Dental Nurse.
3. Outline of Anatomy and Physiology.
5. Heart and Circulation.
10. Infection Control and Sterilisation.
12. Dental Anatomy.
13. Nerve Supply of the Teeth and Local Anaesthesia.
14. Conscious Sedation.
16. Extractions and Minor Oral Surgery.
19. Temporary Fillings and Cavity Linings.
21. Composite Fillings.
22. Glass Ionomer Cement.
23. Inlays, Crowns and Bridges.
25. Periodontal Disease.
26. Prevention of Dental Disease.
27. Dentures and Implants.
29. Dental Radiography.
31. Health and Safety at Work
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >