- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A major postgraduate textbook in emergency medicine, covering all the major topics that present to the trainee doctor in the emergency department.
• A comprehensive textbook of adult emergency medicine for trainee doctors - covers all the problems likely to present to a trainee in the emergency department.
• Chapters are short and concise, with key point boxes (called "Essentials") at the beginning.
• Also has boxes featuring controversial areas of treatment.
• Practical and clinically orientated.
• Major changes to resuscitation guidelines.
• Complete rewriting of ENT section.
• Significant updating of following topics - acute coronary syndrome management, trauma, sepsis management, imaging, arrhythmias.
• Expansion of administration section - especially patient safety.
• Changes to drug overdose sections in toxicology section.
Resuscitation. Trauma. Orthopaedic Emergencies. Cardiovascular. Respiratory. Digestive. Neurology. Infectious diseases. Genitourinary. Endocrine. Metabolic. Haematology. Rheumatology. Dermatology. Eyes. Dental. ENT. Obstetrics and gynaecology. Psychiatric emergencies. Crisis intervention. Pain relief. Ultrasound. Research Methodology. Emergency medicine and the law. Emergency medical systems. Administration. Environmental. Toxicology.