Textbook of Natural Medicineby Joseph E. Pizzorno Jr., Michael T. Murray
Covering preventive, non-invasive, and natural treatments, Textbook of Natural Medicine, 4th Edition offers more than just alternative medicine. It promotes an integrated practice that can utilize natural medicine, traditional Western medicine, or a combination of both in a comprehensive, scientific treatment plan. Based on a combination of philosophy and/b>
Covering preventive, non-invasive, and natural treatments, Textbook of Natural Medicine, 4th Edition offers more than just alternative medicine. It promotes an integrated practice that can utilize natural medicine, traditional Western medicine, or a combination of both in a comprehensive, scientific treatment plan. Based on a combination of philosophy and clinical studies, Textbook of Natural Medicine helps you provide health care that identifies and controls the underlying causes of disease, is supportive of the body's own healing processes, and is considerate of each patient's unique biochemistry. Internationally known authors Joseph Pizzorno and Michael Murray include detailed pharmacologic information on herbs and supplements, plus evidence-based coverage of diseases and conditions to help you make accurate diagnoses and provide effective therapy.
- Comprehensive, unique coverage makes this book the gold standard in natural medicine.
- A scientific presentation includes the science behind concepts and treatments, and discusses Western medical treatments and how they can work with natural medicine in a comprehensive treatment plan; if natural medicine is not effective, this book recommends the Western treatment.
- Coverage of pharmacology of natural medicines includes the uses and potential dangers of nearly 80 herbal medicines, special nutrients, and other natural agents, addressing topics such as general information, chemical composition, history, pharmacology, clinical applications dosage, and toxicology.
- In-depth, evidence-based coverage of 73 diseases and conditions includes key diagnostic criteria, pathophysiology of diseases, and therapeutic rationales.
- Coverage of potential interactions between drugs, herbs, and supplements ensures the safest possible use for each of 79 herbs and supplements.
- Diagnostic procedures include practical, easy-to-follow descriptions of evidence-based techniques plus discussions of clinical application of diet analysis, food allergy testing, immune function assessment, fatty acid profiling, hair mineral analysis, and other diagnostic approaches.
- Common therapeutic modalities are described and reviewed, including botanical medicine, nutritional therapy, therapeutic fasting, exercise therapy, hydrotherapy, counseling, acupuncture, homeopathy, and soft tissue manipulation.
- Coverage of syndromes and therapies helps in understanding the underlying causes of diseases by discussing topics such as food reactions, functional toxicology, sports nutrition, stress management, and breathing pattern disorders.
- Coverage of the philosophy of natural medicine includes its history and background, with discussions of toxicity, detoxification, and scientific documentation of the healing actions of nature and natural substances.
- Internationally known authors Joseph Pizzorno and Michael Murray and more than 90 expert contributors provide material that is up to date, accurate, and informed.
- More than 10,000 research literature citations show that the content is based on science rather than opinions or anecdotes.
- 13 useful appendices offer quick lookup of frequently used charts, handouts, and information.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 23 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews