Textbook of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rheumatology: With STUDENT CONSULT Access / Edition 2by Raashid Luqmani
Pub. Date: 04/03/2013
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Winner of the prize for New Edited Book at The Royal Society of Medicine & The Society of Authors' Medical Book Awards, this textbook for medical students covers orthopaedics, trauma and rheumatology in one volume. It offers both core information regarding what the student needs to know about these specialties and an extensive series of cases with questions and
Winner of the prize for New Edited Book at The Royal Society of Medicine & The Society of Authors' Medical Book Awards, this textbook for medical students covers orthopaedics, trauma and rheumatology in one volume. It offers both core information regarding what the student needs to know about these specialties and an extensive series of cases with questions and answers that illustrate the thinking behind common everyday practice. The book offers a standard approach to history taking and physical examination, and relevant anatomy, highlighting the reasons for the different approaches within each specialty as required.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of musculoskeletal medicine and surgery perfectly tailored for the busy medical student
- Illustrated in full colour throughout
- Succinct coverage of essential topics helps aid understanding whilst avoid unnecessary detail thus saving time
- Uniform style of chapters throughout allows readers to easily scan through for the information required
- Useful summary boxes outline the main points of each condition including aetiology, pathology, epidemiology, clinical features, investigations, management and prognosis
- 100 case histories with questions illustrate the range of clinical problems that students will encounter during their clinical placements
- New chapters on sports and exercise related problems in adults, adolescents and children
- A new restructured section on fractures pulls together the text into a more logical presentation of the subject
- Additional emphasis on the multi-professional team approach to the management of musculoskeletal disorders
- An update of the therapeutics in all chapters.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.70(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of ContentsIntroduction
Clinical history and examination. Physiology and pathology of the musculoskeletal system. Epidemiology and genetics of rheumatic diseases. Investigations.
Management of musculoskeletal problems
Medical management of arthritis. Role of the allied health professional. Surgical management of joint disorders.
Principles of fracture management. Local complications of fractures. General complications of fractures. Management of multiple trauma. Children’s fractures. Regional injuries.
Generalized musculoskeletal problems. Osteoarthritis and crystal arthropathies. Inflammatory arthritis. Systemic diseases. Systemic complications of rheumatic diseases and rare arthropathies. Bone disorders.
Tumours of the musculoskeletal system and pathological fractures. Upper limb. Cervical and lumbar spine. Lower limb.
Normal variants in children. Upper limb disorders in children. Lower limb disorders in children. The paediatric spine and neuromuscular conditions. Arthritis in children.
Musculoskeletal problems in the developing world.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >