Textbook of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rheumatology: With STUDENT CONSULT Accessby Raashid Luqmani
Pub. Date: 04/10/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This is a textbook for medical students covering orthopaedics, trauma and rheumatology, offering both core information regarding what the student needs to know about these subject areas and an extensive series of cases with questions and answers that illustrate the thinking behind common everyday practice. The package also offers online access to the text and
This is a textbook for medical students covering orthopaedics, trauma and rheumatology, offering both core information regarding what the student needs to know about these subject areas and an extensive series of cases with questions and answers that illustrate the thinking behind common everyday practice. The package also offers online access to the text and images, plus an additional 80 interactive MCQs and answers (on www.studentconsult.com).
- Provides a comprehensive overview of musculoskeletal medicine and surgery perfectly tailored for the busy medical student
- Illustrated in full colour throughout
- Succinct coverage of essential topics helps aid understanding whilst avoid unnecessary detail thus saving time
- Uniform style of chapters throughout allows readers to easily scan through for the information required
- Useful summary boxes outline the main points of each condition including aetiology, pathology, epidemiology, clinical features, investigations, management and prognosis
- 100 case histories with questions illustrate the range of clinical problems that students will encounter during their clinical placements
- Direct linking of cases to chapters so that readers can refer back to sections of core text whenever required, or look up cases relevant to a particular chapter
- Online access to the text and images, plus 80 interactive MCQs and answers, on www.studentconsult.com
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of ContentsIntroduction
Clinical history and examination. Physiology and pathology of the musculoskeletal system. Epidemiology and genetics of rheumatic diseases. Investigations.
Management of musculoskeletal problems
Medical management of arthritis. Role of the allied health professional. Surgical management of joint disorders.
Principles of fracture management. Local complications of fractures. General complications of fractures. Management of multiple trauma. Children’s fractures. Regional injuries.
Generalized musculoskeletal problems. Osteoarthritis and crystal arthropathies. Inflammatory arthritis. Systemic diseases. Systemic complications of rheumatic diseases and rare arthropathies. Bone disorders.
Tumours of the musculoskeletal system and pathological fractures. Upper limb. Cervical and lumbar spine. Lower limb.
Normal variants in children. Upper limb disorders in children. Lower limb disorders in children. The paediatric spine and neuromuscular conditions. Arthritis in children.
Musculoskeletal problems in the developing world.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >