Textbook of Pediatric Rheumatology: Expert Consult: Online and Print / Edition 6by James T. Cassidy, Ronald Laxer, Ross E. Petty, Carol Lindsley
Pub. Date: 10/29/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Textbook of Pediatric Rheumatology examines the full spectrum of rheumatologic diseases and non-rheumatologic musculoskeletal disorders in children and adolescents, detailing the presentation, differential diagnosis, course, management, and prognosis of every major condition. Drs. James T. Cassidy, Ross E. Petty, Ronald M. Laxer, and Carol B. Lindsley discuss… See more details below
Textbook of Pediatric Rheumatology examines the full spectrum of rheumatologic diseases and non-rheumatologic musculoskeletal disorders in children and adolescents, detailing the presentation, differential diagnosis, course, management, and prognosis of every major condition. Drs. James T. Cassidy, Ross E. Petty, Ronald M. Laxer, and Carol B. Lindsley discuss recent developments in diagnosis, treatment, genetics, immunology, imaging, and more. This new edition features access to the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, where you’ll find a downloadable image gallery and exclusive web-only content for added value.
• Diagnose and treat effectively through exhaustive reviews of the complex symptoms and signs and lab abnormalities that characterize these clinical disorders.
• Choose treatment protocols based on the best scientific evidence available today.
• Apply the knowledge and experience of the leading experts in the field.
• Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image gallery of all illustrations from the text and supplemental tables and figures exclusively on the web.
• Keep current with coverage of new topics including macrophage activation syndrome, pediatric sarcoidosis, uveitis, imaging, and occupational and physical therapy.
• Tap into detailed discussions of recent advances in the field, new research on the immunologic mechanisms of inflammatory disease, and new developments on biologic treatments for arthritis in ten new chapters.
• Master complex concepts and key techniques with a full-color design and full-color illustrations.
The new, full-color edition of Cassidy helps you to overcome the challenges of pediatric rheumatology with comprehensive coverage of the latest advances in this constantly evolving field.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.70(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
|Ch. 1||Introduction to the study of rheumatic diseases in children||2|
|Ch. 2||Structure and function||9|
|Ch. 3||The immune system and the inflammatory response||19|
|Ch. 4||Integrative genomics||64|
|Ch. 5||Pharmacology and drug therapy||76|
|Ch. 6||Design, measurement, and analysis of clinical investigations||142|
|Ch. 7||Assessment of health status, function, and quality of life outcomes : methodology and instruments||174|
|Ch. 8||A general approach to management of rheumatic diseases in children||184|
|Ch. 9||Chronic arthritis in childhood||206|
|Ch. 12||Systemic arthritis||291|
|Ch. 13||Juvenile ankylosing spondylitis||304|
|Ch. 14||Psoriatic arthritis||324|
|Ch. 15||Arthropathies of inflammatory bowel disease||334|
|Ch. 16||Systemic lupus erythematosus||342|
|Ch. 17||Neonatal lupus erythematosus||392|
|Ch. 18||Juvenile dermatomyositis||407|
|Ch. 19||The systemic sclerodermas and related disorders||442|
|Ch. 20||Localized sclerodermas||470|
|Ch. 21||Overlap syndromes||482|
|Ch. 22||Vasculitis and its classification||492|
|Ch. 23||Leukocytoclastic vasculitis||496|
|Ch. 24||Polyarteritis nodosa and related vasculitides||512|
|Ch. 25||Kawasaki disease||521|
|Ch. 26||Granulomatous vasculitis, giant cell arteritis and sarcoidosis||539|
|Ch. 27||Behcet's disease||561|
|Ch. 28||Infectious arthritis and osteomyelitis||568|
|Ch. 29||Lyme disease||591|
|Ch. 30||Reactive arthritis||604|
|Ch. 31||Acute rheumatic fever and post-streptocococcal reactive arthritis||614|
|Ch. 32||Musculoskeletal manifestations of systemic disease||630|
|Ch. 33||Immunodeficiencies and the rheumatic diseases||642|
|Ch. 34||Periodic fever syndromes in children||657|
|Ch. 35||Cryopyrin-associated periodic syndromes||671|
|Ch. 36||Noninflammatory musculoskeletal pain conditions||676|
|Ch. 37||Pain and the pain amplification syndromes||697|
|Ch. 38||Skeletal maturation and bone mineralization in the pediatric rheumatic diseases||716|
|Ch. 39||Skeletal malignancies and related disorders||728|
|Ch. 40||Primary disorders of bone and connective tissues||744|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >