2009 Hardcover A new copy of this book In stock and despatched from the UK. NB: All orders from the USA and Canada have to be sent via the Alibris depot in the UK and are then ...sent to the customer by Alibris in the USA. Until the book is received in the USA Alibris warehouse your order will show as Pending. Expected delivery dates are contained in the Help section of this site and in the confirmation email. *****PLEASE NOTE: This item is shipping from an authorized seller in Europe. In the event that a return is necessary, you will be able to return your item within the US. To learn more about our European sellers and policies see the BookQuest FAQ section*****Read moreShow Less
1416066071 USED BOOK in good condition| No supplements| Normal wear to cover, edges, spine, corners, and pages | Writing / highlighting | Inventory stickers | Satisfaction ...guaranteed!Read moreShow Less
Offering comprehensive coverage of core anatomic concepts, this respected, clinically oriented text is the definitive source for a complete understanding of veterinary anatomy. Gain the working anatomic knowledge that is crucial to your understanding of the veterinary basic sciences, as well as detailed information directly applicable to the care of specific animal species, including dogs, cats, horses, cows, pigs, sheep, goats, and birds. Each chapter includes a conceptual overview that describes the structure and function of an anatomic region, accompanied by new full-color dissection photographs that illustrate the relevance of anatomy to successful veterinary practice.
• Content is logically organized into two main sections – a general introduction to mammalian anatomy and a region-specific breakdown – to make studying more efficient and ensure greater understanding.
• Comprehensive, all-in-one coverage of all major species presents everything you need to master anatomic concepts in one text.
• Focus on essential anatomy of each species delivers just the right level of detail to help you establish a solid foundation for success.
• For the first time all images in the text appear in full color! This lifelike presentation clarifies anatomic concepts and structures in vibrant detail.
• Vivid full-color dissection photographs help you translate anatomic knowledge to clinical practice and confidently perform dissection procedures.
• A companion Evolve Resources website reinforces your understanding and helps you prepare for the NAVLE® board exam with 300 exam-style practice questions, a full-color electronic image collection, and more.
Reviewer: Sushmitha S Durgam, BVSc (University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine) Description: This represents a marked improvement over the 2002 edition of this veterinary anatomy book, with better descriptions and correlation to illustrations. The figures are self explanatory, which is a necessity in an anatomy textbook. Purpose: The purpose is to provide an update with color illustrations that are relevant and easy to comprehend. Audience: "It is intended for veterinary students as well as interns and residents as a source of review for applied anatomy. " Features: This book covers detailed regional anatomy in small companion animals, equine and food animals, and avians. The clear, useful illustrations are the major outstanding feature of this book. The only shortcoming is the lack of information on camelids under ruminants, which are beginning to gain importance in farm animal practice. Assessment: This is a great textbook of detailed anatomy encompassing all relevant information with easy to understand color illustrations and current literature citations, definitely a step up from previous editions.