Textbook of Veterinary Diagnostic Radiology / Edition 6by Donald E. Thrall
Pub. Date: 06/22/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Covering the principles of radiographic technique and interpretation for dogs, cats, and horses, Textbook of Veterinary Diagnostic Radiology, 6th Edition helps you develop proficiency in diagnostic skills. High-quality radiographic images accompany clear coverage of diagnostic radiology, ultrasound, MRI, and CT, as well as patient positioning, radiographic/b>… See more details below
Covering the principles of radiographic technique and interpretation for dogs, cats, and horses, Textbook of Veterinary Diagnostic Radiology, 6th Edition helps you develop proficiency in diagnostic skills. High-quality radiographic images accompany clear coverage of diagnostic radiology, ultrasound, MRI, and CT, as well as patient positioning, radiographic technique and safety measures, normal and abnormal anatomy, radiographic viewing and interpretation, and alternative imaging modalities. New to this edition is a chapter on MR spinal imaging and updated information on digital imaging. Written by radiology educator and expert Donald E. Thrall, along with a group of highly qualified, board-certified radiologists, this bestselling reference is a one-stop resource for the latest advances in veterinary diagnostic radiology.
- Clear explanations and a logical format simplify the principles of veterinary diagnostic radiology, including patient positioning, radiographic technique, specific anatomic features of the body part in question, methods of radiographic viewing and interpretation, and assessment and applications of alternative imaging modalities.
- High-quality radiographic images clarify key concepts and interpretation principles.
- Up-to-date coverage of the most commonly seen species in private veterinary practices and veterinary teaching hospitals includes the cat, dog, and horse.
- An atlas of normal radiographic anatomy in each section makes it easier to recognize abnormal radiographic findings.
- A discussion of radiation safety highlights measures that can protect you from harmful radiation exposure.
- NEW chapter on MR spinal imaging provides the latest information on the diagnosis of spinal cord disease through the use of CT and MRI.
- NEW information on digital imaging covers the newest advances in digital imaging.
- Updated coverage of procedures such as the esophagram, upper GI examination, excretory urography, and cystography helps in determining when and how these procedures are performed in today’s practice.
- Revised chapters on basic interpretation make information easier to find, with in-depth discussions of the principles of image acquisition and interpretation, radiography, radiation safety, and basic coverage of normal variants.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.40(d)
Table of Contents
Section I: Physics and Principles of Interpretation
1. Radiation Physics and Protection
2. Digital Images and Digital Radiographic Image Capture
3. Physics of Ultrasound Imaging
4. Physics of Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging
5. Introduction to Radiographic Interpretation
Section II: The Axial Skeleton: Canine, Feline, and Equine
6. Radiographic Anatomy of the Axial Skeleton
7. Basic Principles of Radiographic Interpretation of the Axial Skeleton
8. Canine and Feline Skull, Nasal Cavity and Sinuses
9. Magnetic Resonance Imaging Features of Canine and Feline Brain Disease
10. Equine Skull, Nasal Cavity and Sinuses
11. Canine and Feline Vertebrae
12. Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Computed Tomography Features of Canine and Feline Spinal Cord Disease NEW!
Section III: The Appendicular Skeleton: Canine, Feline, and Equine
13. Radiographic Anatomy of the Appendicular Skeleton
14. Basic Principles of Radiographic Interpretation of the Appendicular Skeleton
15. Canine and Feline Orthopedic Diseases
16. Canine and Feline Fracture Healing and Complications
17. Canine and Feline Bone Tumors vs. Bone Infections
18. Canine and Feline Joint Disease
19. Equine Stifle and Tarsus
20. Equine Carpus
21. Equine Metacarpus and Metatarsus
22. Equine Metacarpophalangeal (Metatarsophalangeal) Joint
23. Equine Phalanges
24. Equine Navicular Bone
Section IV: Thoracic Cavity: Canine, Feline, and Equine
25. Basic Principles of Radiographic Interpretation of the Thorax
26. Canine and Feline Upper Airway and Trachea
27. Canine and Feline Esophagus
28. Canine and Feline Thoracic Wall
29. Canine and Feline Diaphragm
30. Canine Mediastinum
31. Canine Pleural Space
32. Canine and Feline Cardiovascular System
33. Canine and Feline Lung
34. Equine Lower Respiratory System
Section V: Abdominal Cavity: Canine and Feline
35. Basic Principles of Radiographic Interpretation of the Abdomen
36. Peritoneal Space
37. Liver and Spleen
38. Kidneys and Ureters
39. Urinary Bladder
41. Prostate Gland
42. Uterus, Ovaries and Testes
44. Small Bowel
45. Large Bowel
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >