013647280X New. Has the slightest of shelf wear (like you might see in a major bookstore chain). Looks like an interesting title! We provide domestic tracking upon request, ...provide personalized customer service and want you to have a great experience purchasing from us. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and thank you for your consideration.Read moreShow Less
One of the most widely-adopted sources for current and authoritative information for international textile and apparel economics. As the softgoods industry (textiles, apparel, and retailing) approaches the millennium, globalization is dramatically changing the way business is conducted; this valuable book prepares the reader to understand and to deal with those changes. Expands coverage of textile/apparel production and trade in Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Central and South America, North America, Africa, Australia, and the Caribbean to provide a more complete view of the industry around the world.
Provides an overview of the global textile and apparel industry, including a review of the industry's history, theoretical perspectives, development of the industry around the world, the US textile industry in a world context, trade management, and conflicting interests in the trade. Coverage of the industry by major region is expanded in this edition, as well as new emphasis placed on the role of new communications technologies in globalization. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc., Portland, Or.
II. AN OVERVIEW: HISTORY, THE GLOBAL SETTING, THEORY.
2. Historical Perspective.
3. The Setting-An Overview.
4. Theoretical Perspectives.
III. AN OVERVIEW OF THE GLOBAL TEXTILE AND APPAREL INDUSTRIES.
5. Global Patterns of Development.
6. Global Patterns of Textile and Apparel Activities.
7. The Textile Complex in Select Regions of the World.
IV. THE U.S. TEXTILE COMPLEX IN THE GLOBAL ECONOMY.
8. An Overview of the U.S. Textile Complex.
9. The U.S. Textile and Apparel Industries and Trade.
V. "MANAGING" TEXTILE AND APPAREL TRADE IN THE GLOBAL ECONOMY.
10. Textile and Apparel Trade Policies.
11. Structures for Facilitating and "Managing" Textile and Apparel Trade.
VI. BALANCING CONFLICTING INTERESTS IN TEXTILE AND APPAREL TRADE.
12. The Interests of Industry and Labor in Textile and Apparel Trade.
13. The Interests of Retailers and Importers in Textile and Apparel Trade.
14. The Interests of Consumers in Textile and Apparel Trade.
15. Policymakers and Textile/Apparel Trade.
16. Conclusions: A Problem with No Answers.
Appendix: Participants in the Multifiber Arrangement.