Dr. Mike Moreno practices family medicine in San Diego, where he sits on the board of the San Diego Chapter of the American Academy of Family Physicians. He is the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller The 17 Day Diet.
The 17 Day Plan to Stop Agingby Dr. Mike Moreno
Every year, every month, every day, every hour, every minute that you are alive, you are getting older. No matter how old you are, your/b>/b>/i>
From the author of the #1 bestselling The 17 Day Diet, the inspiring and easy-to-follow plan for staying young and healthy, based on the same 17 day model that made the diet the bestselling diet book of 2011.
Every year, every month, every day, every hour, every minute that you are alive, you are getting older. No matter how old you are, your body is undergoing age-related changes that can lead to less energy, painful joints, droopy skin, unsightly wrinkles, and overall declining health. But what if someone told you that getting older and the physical process of aging don’t have to be so closely entwined? And what if you had the ability to slow down the aging of your body so much that you could actually live to see, and more important, enjoy your 100th birthday or beyond?
From feeling pain in your joints to realizing that your memory isn’t what it used to be, our bodies all suffer from wear and tear as we get older. But Dr. Mike Moreno—author of the #1 bestselling sensation The 17 Day Diet—explains that it is totally within your power to prevent and even reverse these symptoms of aging. The 17 Day Plan to Stop Aging is a 4-cycle plan that uses nutrition, physical fitness, and mental exercise to get you ready for longevity. Each cycle focuses on a different set of body parts and offers prescriptive solutions for improving the way those parts function. The plan is set up so that you can target specific areas or work on improving whole-body health at once. From your heart to your lungs, your nervous system to your reproductive system, the book is packed with information about what you can do to start feeling more vital.
The 17 Day Plan to Stop Aging puts the power in your hands so you will never have to fear the prospect of old age again. Dare to imagine not just living 100 years, but thriving for all of them. The time to get started is now!
The 17 Day Plan to Stop Aging is a 4-cycle system designed to help you feel healthier and younger. Whether you want to focus on a specific part of your body or feel rejuvenated from top to bottom, this is your guide to a happier, more vital life!
• Cycle 1—Restore: The plan begins with basic anti-aging approaches that will help restore all of your body’s systems to a healthy baseline, stop potential medical problems before they start, and make way for a healthier, happier lifestyle—in 17 days flat. This cycle focuses on your heart, lungs, and brain, which Dr. Moreno considers to be the primary systems worthy of your immediate attention.
• Cycle 2—Rebuild: This cycle shows you how to protect your immune, digestive, and musculoskeletal systems. Through simple shifts in diet, unexpected ways to get your body moving, and a healthy dose of common sense, it’s easy to strengthen these secondary systems so they can do their most efficient work for years to come.
• Cycle 3—Refine: When your reproductive and urinary systems are performing properly, you are most likely to feel energetic and sexy. Whether you want to avoid unpleasant symptoms like urinary incontinence or your goal is to keep your sex life thriving for years to come, Cycle 3 offers tools that you can easily apply to your life.
• Cycle 4—Renew: The strategies you’ll master in the last 17 days of this plan will not only leave you feeling rejuvenated, but they will ensure that you are ready to make the most—in every way—of the long, happy, and healthy life that you’re working toward. The vital elements in this final cycle help you achieve true harmony among your health, environment, and overall lifestyle.
- Free Press
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.44(w) x 9.16(h) x 1.15(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Hey i wanted to give my input on this book which seems like it was bashed upon others. For people who really want to get there health together and want an easy but very informative read-only will not be disappointed with this book. It's practical and gets you to understand all the mistakes and issues we have being on the American diet. It gets to the point of helping you to start changing your diet, I'm on page 33 and i already know i need to get myself to 130 lbs and I'm at my max of 147. Try it for yourself especially out this can help save and change your life. Oh yeah you can watch Dr.Oz too cause i do and i learn a ton from him but you want that momentum to keep going and that's this book here.
Very informative and good reference in the appendix. Good general and useful info for those seeking healthy reasoning with benefits.
First, let me spill the beans: while the title advertises a 17-day plan, it's actually a series of four 17 day plans -- each one designed to address certain issues associated with aging. After introducing some aging-related science, the author discusses our cultural expectations about aging, and then confronts them directly. Then we get the four anti-aging plans: Cycle 1, Stop Your Aging Clock, covers the basics of aging, and sets up the basics for limiting its degenerative effects. Cycle 2, Restore, focuses on heart, breath, and brain. Cycle 3, Refine, covers the issues of sexuality and masculinity. Cycle 4, Renew, discusses detoxification and the relationship between healthy living and longevity. Each cycle has a 17-day plan attached to it, designed to put the section's principles into action. The material works out well. And it's certainly an excellent introduction to aging, as well as a practical guide to minimizing the harm aging can do. It's rather basic, and those really interested in digging in to the subject of longevity and anti-aging would do well to check out more in-depth books. But this is a great place to start. Other titles likely to also be of interest: >The 17 Day Diet: A Doctor's Plan Designed for Rapid Results to get your eating on track >Get Fit in Bed: Tone Your Body & Calm Your Mind from the Comfort of Your Bed if you're looking to get in shape, but want or have to start gently.
This book is one that should be read by all ages. I have learned so much about my health and how to take care of it to live to be 100! I wish he had written it years ago. Dr. Moreno is an astounding author. I aso read his "17 Day Diet" book and benefited greatly from it. I will be putting Dr. Mike's plan into action for me. I look forward to whatever will be the subject of his next book.
Why would I pay $13 for this when I can watch Dr. Oz for free on television.
Dont waste your money, Garbage! I wish i could give it negative stars