The About.Com Guide To Southern Cooking: All You Need to Prepare 225 Delicious Home Cooked Favoritesby Diana Rattray
Mississippi maven Diana Rattray teaches you the basic techniques and tried and true secrets of making authentic Southern foods! Featuring recipes for everything from classic comfort food to French influenced
The immediacy of the Internet, the accessibility of books, and the experience of About.com Guides are all at your fingertips in this dynamic how-to series!
Mississippi maven Diana Rattray teaches you the basic techniques and tried and true secrets of making authentic Southern foods! Featuring recipes for everything from classic comfort food to French influenced Cajun fare, The About.com Guide to Southern Cooking offers an inviting introduction to America's favorite cuisine.
This dynamic cookbook features:
- Crowd-pleasing beverages like Southern-Style Iced Tea and Kentucky Mint Julep.
- Tasty breakfast foods like Banana Fritters and Mississippi Breakfast Bake.
- Scrumptious essentials like Southern Fried Chicken with Cream Gravy.
- Hearty classics like Home-Style Pot Roast and Country-Style Pork Ribs with Apples.
- Mouth-watering desserts like Pineapple Upside-Down Cake and Pecan Sandies.
The About.com Guide to Southern Cooking also includes five types of special features with informative tips and advice:
- Ask Your Guide: Diana's expert answers to your most challenging culinary questions
- Tools You Need: Information about researching, purchasing, and using various cooking tools and resources
- Elsewhere on the Web: Diana's other favorite cooking Web sites
- What's Hot: The hottest trends and tips to ensure your dish is a success
- Before You Begin: Helpful hints to make cooking prep easier than ever
- A unique Get Linked section at the end of each chapter lists helpful links back to About.com.
- Diana's About.com forum offers you the opportunity to learn new recipes, post your questions, and chat with other aspiring Southern cooks.
- Links to tricks, techniques, and variations on classic dishes that help you spice up your meals.
- Adams Media Corporation
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.24(w) x 7.88(h) x 0.80(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews