- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: McKeesport, PA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
* Running commentary interspersed throughout the text provides on-the-spot explanatory and interpretative information. Different type and horizontal lines clearly differentiate between the Scriptures and the scholarly notes.
* A Star Symbol following key technical terms points the reader to a helpful 16-page Glossary, which defines such terms.
* Introductions to each book of the Bible set the scene by explaining the cultural context in which they were written.
* 58 sidebar essays broaden the reader's understanding of biblical themes.
* In-text maps establish the geographical context of events described in the text.
* In-text charts display information in an easy-to-understand format.
* A select NRSV Concordance tells you where to find a word in the Bible.
* 36 pages of authoritative, full color New Oxford Bible Maps pinpoint cities and place names encountered in the biblical text.
Posted August 8, 2009
Though B&N use a small distributor of this product, when waiting and being promished several arrival dates of the product and finally the book arrived seven to 10 days after promised.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted July 3, 2009
I Also Recommend:
Using this fine beginner's study Bible, a reader can start reading biblical literature and start reading those great texts within a literary, historical-critical framework. The aids are there when the reader wants them, but the notes and essays do not overwhelm readers with technical jargon or excessive information. I like this study Bible.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted June 26, 2004
I had been looking for a good study Bible for a long time, when our associate pastor recommended this Bible. He used it for his own study, so my husband and I looked into buying a copy for ourselves. It has been a wonderful purchase. The explaination notes in the text, plus the descriptions of each book about the authors, context in which the book was written, and other pertinent information, make this one of the best study Bibles out there. I highly recommend this Bible. In addition to the study notes, the translation is NRSV, which sticks very closely to the original text, but isn't so wooden as the even more accurate NASB translaion.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.