The Adobe Photoshop CC Book for Digital Photographers (2014 release) / Edition 1by Scott Kelby
Pub. Date: 11/28/2014
Publisher: New Riders
This update to his award-winning, record-breaking book does
Scott Kelby, Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User magazine–and the best-selling photography book author in the world today–once again takes this book to a whole new level as he uncovers more of the latest, most important, and most useful Adobe Photoshop techniques for digital photographers.
This update to his award-winning, record-breaking book does something for digital photographers that’s never been done before–it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly “how to do it.” It’s not a bunch of theory; it doesn’t challenge you to come up with your own settings or figure it out on your own. Instead, Scott shows you step by step the exact techniques used by today’s cutting-edge digital photographers, and best of all, he shows you flat-out exactly which settings to use, when to use them, and why. That’s why the previous editions of this book are widely used as the official study guide in photography courses at colleges and universities around the world.
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
Each year, Scott trains thousands of professional photographers on how to use Photoshop, and almost without exception they have the same questions, the same problems, and the same challenges–and that’s exactly what he covers in this book. You’ll learn:
- The sharpening techniques the pros really use.
- The pros’ tricks for fixing the most common digital photo problems fast!
- How to process HDR (High Dynamic Range) images to get realistic looking images, as well as the heavily tone-mapped hyperreal look.
- How to master Photoshop’s Content-Aware features.
- How to use Photoshop’s video editing features to make movies from your DSLR videos.
- How to process RAW images like a pro (plus how to take advantage of all the new Camera Raw features in CC).
- The latest Photoshop special effects for photographers (there’s a whole chapter just on these!).
- A host of shortcuts, workarounds, and slick “insider” tricks to send your productivity through the roof!
Plus, Scott includes a special chapter with his own workflow, from start to finish, and each chapter ends with a Photoshop Killer Tips section, packed with time-saving, job-saving tips that make all the difference. He also provides four bonus chapters, along with all the images used in the book for download on the book’s companion webpage.
If you’re a digital photographer, and if you’re ready to learn all the “tricks of the trade”– the same ones that today’s leading pros use to correct, edit, retouch, and sharpen their work–then you’re holding the book that will do just that.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Having never used Adobe Photoshop before, I knew I had much to learn. I found literally thousands of videos and articles online, but was looking to learn in some orderly fashion. This book was recommended on a photography forum I frequent. Needless to say I found this book quite useful and easy to read. It provided a solid foundation for Adobe Photoshop CC 2014. I highly recommend this book.