- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
As leading authorities on adult education and training, Elwood Holton and Richard Swanson have revised Malcolm Knowles' exemplary work on adult learning. While retaining the best from the past editions, they incorporate the latest developments in adult learning theory and practice into this major revision.
This new book is divided into three parts. The first part contains the classic chapters that describe the roots and principles of andragogy. The second part contains four new chapters that examine:
• The latest perspectives on andragogy
• The application of andragogy in human resource development
• New advancements in understanding adult learning
• Practical applications of adult learning theory
The new chapters incorporate developments from recent research in adult learning, human resource development, cognitive psychology, adult development, and educational psychology. The last part of the book contains an updated selection of topical readings that advance the theory and practice of adult learning.
This new edition is an ideal introductory book for adult learning practitioners and students.
The late Malcolm Knowles' cornerstone work on adult learning theory and practices is updated with the latest advances in the field. In this new edition, Elwood Holton and Richard Swanson build upon Knowles' foundation to give:
• The latest perspectives on adult learning and its application in adult education and human resource development.
• New developments in understanding adult learning (andragogy in practice)
• Methods for developing effective adult learning programs
• The basics of learning theories
• Why and how teaching adults is difference from teaching children
• A self-diagnostic tool (ready to photcopy) to determine your skill level as a trainer
Audience: Managers; Human Resource professionals, Training Managers, Business and personnel management courses.
Posted June 2, 2010
No text was provided for this review.