Launched in 1987, Cooking Light is America’s favorite food magazine. Every month, more than 11 million readers turn to it for the freshest ideas in food and fitness to help them eat smart, be fit, and live well.
The All-New Complete Cooking Light Cookboook: The Ultimate Guide from America's #1 Food Magazineby Cooking Light Magazine Editors, Anne Chappell Cain (Editor)
This is the biggest, most complete cookbook in Cooking Light history! Every appetizer, side, entrée and dessert is guaranteed to be the most temptingly delicious, decadent food you’ve ever tasted…yet they’re all light and healthy. If you have only one light cookbook in your collection, this is the one you need to help you cook and eat/i>
This is the biggest, most complete cookbook in Cooking Light history! Every appetizer, side, entrée and dessert is guaranteed to be the most temptingly delicious, decadent food you’ve ever tasted…yet they’re all light and healthy. If you have only one light cookbook in your collection, this is the one you need to help you cook and eat smart. You'll find:
* Over 1,000 Top-Rated, Kitchen-Tested Recipes These are the recipes our staff returns to over and over—the ones we (and our readers) consider the “essential” light recipes.
* Over 500 Color Photographs Mouthwatering photos will inspire you to make the recipe, and technique photos will guide you through the process.
* Classic Makeovers—We show you how to lighten favorite recipes without losing flavor, and before and after numbers reveal the difference.
* Test Kitchen Tips—From mastering perfectly-risen fluffy biscuits to grilling a flawless, juicy steak every time—these and many more secrets to cooking success come straight from our kitchens to yours.
* Step-by-Step Techniques—Whether you’re an experienced cook or a novice, our how-to instructions and color photos take the guesswork out of preparing light-as-air layer cakes, making creamy béchamel sauce, and more.
* 5 Keys to Healthy Cooking
* Nutrient analysis for every recipe
* 50 menus, including our Top 10 Quick & Easy menus and menu-planning secrets
* Prep and cook times for every recipe
* Quick & Easy, Make Ahead, and Freezable recipes identified in Index
*Entertaining Guide and tips for table settings
* The ultimate Pantry Checklist
* Wine tips
* Glossary and substitution lists
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
The Cooking Light Cookbook is a great addition to anyone's collection of cookbooks and recipes. The book has recipes for desserts, fish, chicken, pasta, salad, meat, appetizers and bread among other things, and they all contain a lower fat or calorie count than their more famous predecessors. Try the mac and cheese or the Bourbon Fudge Brownies. Everything is great to eat, and the book is easily organized. Only one critique: if you're trying to make ethnic food, it is difficult to find all of the recipes in the book that are, for example, Indian, or even French.