The APSAC Handbook on Child Maltreatment / Edition 2by John E. B. Myers, Lucy Berliner, John N. (Neale) Briere, Charles Terry Hendrix, Theresa A. Reid
Pub. Date: 11/12/2001
Publisher: SAGE Publications
A resource of unparalleled thoroughness, The APSAC Handbook on Child Maltreatment, Second Edition provides critical information for those who dedicate their working lives to alleviating the causes and consequences of child abuse and neglect. Written in engaging but straightforward language and committed to immediate application, this comprehensive handbook covers
A resource of unparalleled thoroughness, The APSAC Handbook on Child Maltreatment, Second Edition provides critical information for those who dedicate their working lives to alleviating the causes and consequences of child abuse and neglect. Written in engaging but straightforward language and committed to immediate application, this comprehensive handbook covers physical and sexual abuse, all forms of neglect, and psychological maltreatment. Experts in a variety of specialized areas have designed each chapter to inform professionals in mental health, law, medicine, law enforcement, and child protective services of the most current empirical research and literature available as well as strategies for intervention and prevention.
- SAGE Publications
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
Introduction - D. Finkelhor
I. ASPECTS OF CHILD MALTREATMENT
1. Child Neglect - M.F. Erickson & B. Egeland
2. Child Physical Abuse - D.J. Kolko
3. Sexual Abuse of Children - L. Berliner & D.M. Elliott
4. Psychological Maltreatment - S.N. Hart et al.
5. Child Maltreatment in the Context of Substance Abuse - S.J. Kelley
6. Child Abuse in the Context of Domestic Violence - S.A. Graham-Bermann
7. Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome - T.F. Parnell
II. PSYCHOSOCIAL TREATMENT
8. An Integrated Model of Psychotherapy for Abused Children - W.N. Friedrich
9. Treating Sexually Abused Adolescents - D.B. Hecht et al.
10. Treating Adult Survivors of Severe Childhood Abuse and Neglect: Further Development of an Integrative Model - J. Briere
11. Adults, Adolescents, and Children Who Sexually Abuse Children: A Developmental Perspective - M. Chaffin et al.
III. MEDICAL ASPECTS OF CHILD MALTREATMENT
12. Medical Issues in Child Sexual Abuse - C. Jenny
13. Physical Abuse: Accidental Versus Intentional Trauma in Children - C.F. Johnson
14. Neglect of Children's Health - H. Dubowitz & M. Black
15. Child Fatalities - R.W. Block
IV. LEGAL ASPECTS
16. The Legal System and Child Protection - J.E.B. Myers
17. Criminal Investigation of Sexual Victimization of Children - K.V. Lanning
18. Interviewing Children in and out of Court: Current Research and Practice Implications - K. J. Saywitz et al.
19. Expert Testimony - J.E.B. Myers & P. Stern
20. Risk Management for Professionals Working With Maltreated Children and Adult Survivors - J.E.B. Myers
V. PREVENTION AND SERVICE DELIVERY
21. Child Abuse Prevention: Accomplishments and Challenges - D. Daro & A.C. Donnelly
22. Preventing and Reporting Abuse - G.L. Zellman & C.C. Fair
23. Cultural Competency in the Field of Child Maltreatment - V.D. Abney
24. Mental Health Services for Children Reported to Child Protective Services - J. Landsverk et al.
25. Community Organization of Services to Deal With and End Child Abuse - D.L. Chadwick
About the Editors
About the Contributors
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >