- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This provocative introduction examines the most important new school of archaeological thought and practice to have emerged over the last two decades and provides students with an assessment of the impact and importance of recent theoretical debates.
List of Illustrations.
Preface: Digging Outside the Shelter.
1. Crises in Global Archaeology.
2. Archaeology - Bridging Humanity and Science.
3. How do Archaeologists Reason?.
4. Interpreting Material Culture.
5. Towards a Reflexive Method.
6. The Natural Sciences in Archaeology.
7. Using the New Information Technologies.
8. Windows into Deep Time: Towards a Multiscalar Approach.
9. Archaeology and Globalism.
10. Can the New Technologies Deliver a Reflexive Methodology?.
11. Conclusion: Towards Non-dichotomous Thinking in Archaeology.