The Art of Sales: Sun Tzu's The Art of War for Sales Warriorsby Gary Gagiardi
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Two books in one! The complete text of Gagliardi's award-winning English translation of Sun Tzu's The Art of War (not fragmentary public domain translations) PLUS a special line-by-line adaptation applying Sun Tzu's competitive principles to selling. Based on methods the author used to build an Inc. 500 company. This sales adaptation has been translated into languages around the world and sold tens of thousands of copies.
The sales methods presented in this book follow Sun Tzu's principles line by line, with the complete text of The Art of War. Each stanza of The Art of War is followed by the stanza adapted for salespeople today, converting the military concepts of the original work into terms and concepts taught in modern selling.
Each chapter is a highly condensed tutorial in basic sales strategy. Below we offer a brief description of each of the sales chapters.
- Sales Analysis covers Sun Tzu's basic sales concepts and the five factors that determine success in sales.
- Choosing to Sell analyzes the investment you must make selling and the way you generate income quickly and easily.
- Planning Your Territory discusses the importance of focus, using your time well, and the five ingredients you need to win customers.
- Sales Position talks about how to use the six steps in the sales process to avoid losing customers while you patiently discover how to win them.
- Persuasion explores the way you combine standard and creative techniques to sway customers, and the timing necessary to close them.
- Disadvantages and Advantages shows you how to build a dominant position with the customer and how you manage different types of customers.
- Sales Contact explains how to control the sales situation and how your efforts - Adjusting to the Sales Situation emphasizes flexibility. It explains how to respond to the circumstances in which you find yourself.
- Moving Sales Forward concentrates on sales to businesses. It covers the different types of organizations you have to sell to and how to deal with them.
- Customer Relationships discusses the different types of customers. It reveals how customer nature determines your relationship with both them and the competition.
- Sales Situations is the longest and most detailed chapter. It analyzes the nine common sales situations and shows you how to respond to them.
- BN ID:
- Science of Strategy Institute
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 1 MB
Meet the Author
Gary Gagliardi is a multiple award-winning author, successful high-tech entrepreneur, an internationally-known strategic trainer, and America's leading authority on the ancient Chinese system of Sun Tzu.
Among his accomplishments are:
- Authoring over two dozen books on technology, business, marketing, and self-help, with ten of his books winning award recognition in eleven different non-fiction categories,
- Appearing as a strategy expert on hundreds of radio and TV shows all across the country,
- Building an Inc. 500 accounting software company with offices across the U.S. and in Europe,
- Having his books have been translated into a dozen different languages and published around the world with his translation of Sun Tzu's used as the basis for translation into other langauges,
- Speaking all over the world and training the employees of some of the world's largest organizations in competitive strategy, including the organizations listed on the far right hand column.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews