The Art of Singing: Discovering and Developing Your True Voiceby Jennifer Hamady
(Vocal Instruction). Jennifer Hamady's ground-breaking book on singing and the psychology of performance is a must-read for every artist working today. Using the medium of the voice, Jennifer shares her insights and experiences as a voice coach, therapist, and professional singer, which will open your eyes to how we all musicians and others allow fear, doubt, poor
(Vocal Instruction). Jennifer Hamady's ground-breaking book on singing and the psychology of performance is a must-read for every artist working today. Using the medium of the voice, Jennifer shares her insights and experiences as a voice coach, therapist, and professional singer, which will open your eyes to how we all musicians and others allow fear, doubt, poor learning habits, preconceived notions, and overthinking to get in the way of clear and healthy singing, self-expression, and living. With practical advice for releasing physical and emotional tension, establishing confidence and vocal strength, and embracing personal and musical optimism and wonder, The Art of Singing explores:
• Misconceptions about the voice and singing
• Finding the voice that was never lost
• Language and its role in singing and learning to sing
• Learning how you learn best and applying that wisdom to vocal learning
• The brain: how it works its impact on singing and learning to sing and how to make it work for you
• Fear and performance anxiety: liberating yourself from the mental shackles
• Reclaiming joy and confidence in your singing and self-expression
• Putting theory into practice: vocal physiology, technique, and delivery The accompanying CD in Jennifer's own voice captures a conversation about her approach and ideas, as well as exercises that will help you discover and develop your true and best instrument. Singers of every age, level, and musical genre will benefit from this insightful first book in Jennifer's The Art of Singing series.
- Hal Leonard Corporation
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.80(w) x 11.90(h) x 0.30(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
I've been singing for a few years and still found Hamady's book helpful and inspiring. It's a book I plan on returning to over and over when I need guidance.
Although I have not finished the book, it promises to be a refreshing insight into singing. Thank you, Jennifer Hamady, for being you and sharing your talents with others!
This book was transformational for me as a vocalist and artist. Jenifer Hamady definitely has a rare gift, and every singer, musician, and artist would benefit from reading The Art of Singing. A must read!
Jennifer Hamady is the best voice teacher I have ever had. Period. Her book is a wonderful source of wisdom, and a guide for any level or any kind of singing. In lessons, Jen is a remarkably present woman with a seemingly infinite amount of skill, patience, faith, and compassion. She is consistently able to transport me to a place where my heart is open, my intuition is louder than my fear, and I am singing with a maximum amount of physical and emotional freedom. I have never met anybody quite like her, and I think of her as an angel who has impacted my life on much more than just a musical level. She is also a wonderful writer, who is able to carry her valuable message strongly and clearly through words. The Art of Singing IS a book about technique, but one that often *naturally occurs* the moment that you deeply cherish yourself, honor your uniqueness, and bravely unleash the power that you have possessed *all along* for the benefit of yourself and others. I hope any musician who has lost their way in this world has the opportunity to be exposed to her inspiring truth.
I got my hands on a draft of this book from a teacher last week and am so excited it's coming out... FINALLY, someone telling it like it is & offering a new way. Definitely the best book on singing I've ever read!