- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
10 Chapter 1 Introduction
30 Chapter 2 Pastillage
72 Chapter 3 Sugar Casting
104 Chapter 4 Sugar Pulling
152 Chapter 5 Sugar Blowing
242 Chapter 6 New Trends
284 Chapter 7 Competition
314 Appendix: Templates
Designing and Assembling Your Showpiece
1. Explore the theme.
2. Find elements in the same character, such as natural, modern, contemporary, or abstract.
3. Sketch the piece in the right proportion.
4. Find the right colors.
5. Create an exact drawing of the piece in a 1:1 ratio.
6. Make a cardboard piece.
7. Find all the right techniques for the different elements.
8. Start to work with sugar on the elements using different techniques.
9. Cast all the supporting pieces.
10. Assemble the whole piece.
11. Try to consolidate all similar techniques to save time.
12. Make a list outlining the order in which you plan to work and where you will store the pieces before assembly.
13. Make a list of all the working tools needed in the order in which they will be used.
14. Keep practicing, working on time and cleanliness.