The warrior-philosopher and master strategist Sun Tzu, about whom little is known, compiled The Art of War more than two thousand years ago. Legend has it that he was known for the brilliant campaigns he led around the time of Confucius. His work was memorized and passed down orally, before eventually being copied onto bamboo strips and passed around.
The Art of War Box: Book and Card Deckby Sun Tzu, Lao Tzu, Denma Translation Group (Translator), Sunzi, Sun Zi
Sun Tzu's Art of War is revered as a repository of wisdom on how to successfully navigate the dynamics of conflict in many areas of life. However, the text's highly metaphorical style can make it hard to grasp and apply in today's world. This unique book-and-card kit will help readers to gain new insight into the text and the powerful philosophy that underlies it. Here, Sun Tzu's core teachings are presented in the form of fifty maxims displayed on beautifully produced cards with commentary on the reverse side of each. The cards are designed to be used as objects of contemplation throughout the day, enabling the reader to gain a deeper understanding of Sun Tzu's teachings and to see clearly how they apply to day-to-day interactions.
The Art of War Box includes:
- 50 two-color cards, with a principle from Sun Tzu on one side and commentary on the other
- A fold-out card stand
- Guided instructions on how to use the cards to bring Sun Tzu's principles to life throughout the day, at work and at home
- A 160-page paperback, which includes a full translation of Sun Tzu's text and in-depth essays on the key ideas that have made The Art of War a perennial classic
- Shambhala Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Book and Card Deck
- Product dimensions:
- 5.04(w) x 6.70(h) x 1.92(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews