The Association Guide to Going Global: New Strategies for a Changing Economic Landscapeby Steven Worth
In the nonprofit world of associations and philanthropic organizations, globalization is a condition that was largely unknown only a decade ago. Your association's effectiveness now and in the future will be largely defined by how well it has learned to navigate in the global environment. However, questions remain: Does globalization support or compete with… See more details below
- Editorial Reviews
- Product Details
- Related Subjects
- Read an Excerpt
- What People Are Saying
- Meet the author
In the nonprofit world of associations and philanthropic organizations, globalization is a condition that was largely unknown only a decade ago. Your association's effectiveness now and in the future will be largely defined by how well it has learned to navigate in the global environment. However, questions remain: Does globalization support or compete with your association's mission and goals? Can any association aspire to be global, and if so, how does it get there?
Straightforward, focused, and clearly optimistic about the global future for nonprofits everywhere, The Association Guide to Going Global: New Strategies for a Changing Economic Landscape brings together an amazing range of nonprofit global experience as well as wide-ranging case studies and specific globalization examples.
Written by nonprofit globalization and management specialist Steven Worth, this proactive guide enthusiastically demystifies the globalization process for nonprofits, covering:
- The unique challenges faced by U.S. managers considering globalization
- Trends, opportunities, and threats of globalization for associations
- Emerging opportunities unique to the association community
- The different stages you can expect in cross-border transactions
- Managing the language and culture differences when operating across national borders
- Challenges and opportunities facing nonprofits in lesser-developed, developing, and developed economies
- Big Emerging Markets (BEMs) and BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) countries and the dos and don'ts of entering those markets
- Why globalization is a challenge nomanager can ignore
Whether your organization is considering going global or is already conducting worldwide operations, The Association Guide to Going Global equips you to ensure your organization is a citizen in every community of the world, able to bring resources to bear when and where there are opportunities, and adept at recognizing and addressing trends in customer needs and wants on a local and global scale.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.20(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.80(d)
Read an Excerpt
What People are saying about this
Meet the Author
STEVEN M. WORTH is President of Plexus Consulting Group, LLC and has extensive experience in assisting businesses, governments, and associations with their public affairs, government relations, and strategic planning needs. He also created the Association International Market Development (AIMD) and is the author of The Power of Partnership, a book examining the best practices of organizations in forming strategic partnerships.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >