* If your child was approached on the playground and asked if he could help find a lost puppy, what would he do?
* If you and your daughter became separated in the mall, what would she do?
* If your home catches on fire in the middle of the night, would your children know what to do?
* If he is being bullied in the bathroom at school or on the bus, what should he do?
Do you really know how your child would respond (or should respond), or are you just guessing? Have you ever asked him or her to find out?
Would you know what to ask or how to ask it?
Would you know what to discuss with your child in these situations?
The Authority On Child Safety: How To Talk To Your Kids About Their Personal Safety Without Scaring Them is NOT just a book that tells parents how to keep their kids safe. We want to make that point perfectly clear. If you think that your kids will be safe because you bought and read a book about child safety, then you are sadly mistaken. What you learn and digest does not matter one bit unless your child also learns safety concepts and drills.
Then why should you buy it?
This is the first place to start with educating your child on how to be safe.
This is an interactive guide for parents to use to BEGIN the dialogue with their kids on how to be safe. We can not be with our kids 24/7. We will not always be there to protect them. At some point, they need to be empowered to stand up for themselves and to be able to protect themselves. Honestly ask yourself - what are you doing for your child - for your children - right now that is helping them to be able to protect themselves when you are not around?
We are giving you a blueprint for you to use to start that process - right here, right now!
In this guide, you will learn:
* Why sticking your head in the sand and pretending crime does not exist is NOT a great way to protect your child (or yourself);
* Important crime statistics that cannot be ignored!
* Why “Stranger Danger” should NEVER be taught to our kids!
* Where the registered sex offenders live in your area (hint: The U.S. Dept. Of Justice tells us there is on average one sex offender per square mile in the US);
* Why your child is NEVER too young to learn safety concepts;
* Why you should not be comfortable in thinking your child is safe because you “never leave your kid alone with someone you don’t know”;
* Why the “Once A Year Safety Day” programs in our schools are not working;
* Why education is the key to keeping our kids safe!
* HOW TO start the all important dialogue with your child about safety issues they may face, including topics such as:
-Good / Bad / Unwanted Touch
-Sexual Assault Prevention
-Out and About Safety
-Social Media Safety
-Drug and Alcohol Awareness
* How to EMPOWER you child!
So how do you keep your child from becoming a victim?
Education is the key. And it starts with a simple conversation between you and your child.
We need to make sure our kids are taught to:
(1) Understand and be able to recognize dangerous situations and behaviors.
(2) Trust their gut - to trust their instincts. If something does not feel right to them, it probably isn’t.
(3) Have the self-confidence to be able to say “NO” if they ever feel threatened.
You can’t rely on our schools or others to empower your child.
The process must start with you and we show you how to begin.
Also note: ALL proceeds from the sale of this book will benefit “Let’s Protect Our Kids”, a program of Keep Georgia Safe.org, a 501( c)(3) charitable organization with the mission to provide safety education and crime prevention training.
Great book on how to teach your children the importance of not putting themselves in a dangerous position and how to protect them without scaring them. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!
- Perry Turner
I have purchased and read the book. This book is an excellent primer for parents, grandparents, child care givers, law enforcement, literally anyone concerned wth children and youth safety.The book incorporates, behavioral, skills, training with rehearsal and feedback. The "what would you do" scenarios make it easy for the youth to grasp the fundamentals of their safety and protection. I highly recommend this book, which addresses child and youth safety.
Chief of Police
- Maureen Pierce
This book gives great advice on how to talk to your children about safety. It doesn't just TALK about safety, it gives you interactive drills to do with your children. It tells us not to teach "stranger danger", but to teach our children that there are good and bad people, and no one has the right to hurt them. It teaches our children how to understand and be able to recognize dangerous situations and behaviors. It also teaches children to trust their gut instincts and say "NO" if they ever feel
Gary Martin Hays is not only a successful lawyer, but is a nationally recognized safety advocate who works tirelessly to educate our families and children on issues ranging from bullying to internet safety to abduction prevention. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Elizabeth Smart Foundation. Gary has been seen on countless television stations, including CNN Headline News,ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX affiliates. He has appeared on over 110 radio stations, including the Georgia News Network, discussing legal topics and providing safety tips to families. He hosts "Georgia Behind The Scenes" on the CW Atlanta TV Network and has been quoted in USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, and featured on over 250 online sites including Morningstar.com, CBS News's MoneyWatch.com, the Boston Globe, The Miami Herald, The New York Daily News, and The Miami Herald.
He is also co-author of the best-selling books "TRENDSETTERS - The World's Leading Experts Reveal Top Trends To Help You Achieve Health, Wealth and Success", "CHAMPIONS - Knockout Strategies For Health, Wealth and Success", "SOLD - The World's Leading Real Estate Experts Reveal The Secrets To Selling Your Home For Top Dollar In Record Time", and "Protect And Defend: Proven Strategies From America's Leading Attorneys to Help You Protect and Defend you Business, Family And Wealth;" and "The Success Secret: The World's Leading Experts Reveal Their Secrets for Success In Business And In Life"; "The Authority On Tout"; "The Authority On Child Safety", and"Consumer Advocate: Today's Leading Attorneys Share Their Secrets On Finding Justice For Those Who've Been Wronged & Protecting Those In The Right."
Gary graduated from Emory University in 1986 with a B.A. degree in Political Science and a minor in Afro-American and African Studies. In 1989, he received his law degree from the Walter F. George School of Law of Mercer University, Macon, Georgia. His outstanding academic achievements landed him a position on Mercer's Law Review. He also served the school as Vice President of the Student Bar Association.
His legal accomplishments include being a member of the prestigious Multi Million Dollar Advocate's Forum, a society limited to those attorneys who have received a settlement or verdict of at least $2 Million Dollars. He has been recognized in Atlanta Magazine as one of Georgia's top workers' compensation lawyers.