- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"Al Stubblefield and his team at Baptist Health Care have achieved the triple crown of performance: the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and the tops in patient and employee satisfaction. This...
"Al Stubblefield and his team at Baptist Health Care have achieved the triple crown of performance: the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and the tops in patient and employee satisfaction. This book tells you how they did it and how you and your organization can do it, too. You will find it to be a practical and compelling guide to building a successful organization. Leadership and culture matter and this book tells you how to achieve greatness in both. It is a must for anyone and any organization that wants to achieve performance excellence."
President and CEO, VHA
"Congratulations on crafting an excellent message. I've long been a big believer in the power of authentic leadership to create a healthy company culture. This is an uplifting book about managing a company wisely toward a state of sustainable wellness. I hope the book is a great success. It's a message the world needs to hear."
Fortune, Editor at Large
"Baptist Health Care is a national leader in developing programs to energize the workforce through positively interacting with patients and their families. The end result is improved care and clinical results. I know the program well since their team has been sharing their experiences with many of our facilities. Most importantly, IT WORKS!! Thanks for sharing."
Chairman and CEO, Triad Hospitals
"In my work, I visit, study, and consult with many of the world's best-run companies. Yet Baptist Health Care is truly in a class all to themselves. If you want to reach the very top of your industry, read this book, apply its principles, and learn how to hardwire your company for long-term success."
—Jim Harris, PhD
Chairman and President, The Jim Harris Group, Inc.
Coauthor of Finding and Keeping Great Employees, a Fortune "best business book"
Introduction: From Ouch! to Wow!
1. In Search of Competitive Advantage.
FIVE KEYS TO ACHIEVING SERVICE AND OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE.
KEY ONE: CREATE AND MAINTAIN A GREAT CULTURE.
2. Committing to the Mission.
3. Maintaining a Balanced Approach: Pillars of Operational Excellence.
4. Fueling Employee-Driven Culture Change.
5. Engaging Your Workforce: Communicate, Communicate, Communicate!
KEY TWO: SELECT AND RETAIN GREAT EMPLOYEES.
6. Selecting the Best Employees.
7. Maximizing Employee Loyalty.
8. Celebrating Successes Through Reward and Recognition.
KEY THREE: COMMIT TO SERVICE EXCELLENCE.
9. Maintaining Quality Through Service Teams.
10. Scripting for Superior Service.
11. Developing Rounding and Service Recovery Techniques.
KEY FOUR: CONTINUOUSLY DEVELOP GREAT LEADERS.
12. Establishing Ongoing Leadership Training.
KEY FIVE: HARDWIRE SUCCESS THROUGH SYSTEMS OF ACCOUNTABILITY.
13. Building a Culture that Holds Employees Accountable.
14. Beyond Baptist Health Case: Other Systems on the Journey to WOW!
Appendix: What About the Physicians?