Maplewood Books is an independent ebook publisher that specializes in the classics. We offer elegantly formatted collections of beloved favorites at a low, affordable price. Each collection includes a table of contents for both the larger set and each individual book, so that you are never more than two clicks away from any chapter. Sleek, inexpensive, and timeless—add a Maplewood to your collection today.
The Best of Christmas (30 Works of Holiday Cheer, including Illustrated A Christmas Carol, Twas the Night Before Christmas, Gift of the Magi, and Special Bonus Features)by Charles Dickens, Clement Clarke Moore, Hans Christian Andersen, L. Frank Baum
Don't be a Scrooge--get in the holiday spirit with The Best of Christmas, a collection of classic books, poems and stories all centering around the most magical day of the year. Here you will find familiar favorites like A Christmas Carol and "Twas the Night Before Christmas," as well as holiday works by authors as diverse as L. Frank Baum, Lucy Maud Montgomery ,… See more details below
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Don't be a Scrooge--get in the holiday spirit with The Best of Christmas, a collection of classic books, poems and stories all centering around the most magical day of the year. Here you will find familiar favorites like A Christmas Carol and "Twas the Night Before Christmas," as well as holiday works by authors as diverse as L. Frank Baum, Lucy Maud Montgomery , Anton Chekhov, Leo Tolstoy, and even Harriet Beecher Stowe. Ranging in length, style, and subject, these works provide a well-rounded Christmas feast, and a host of supplementals you're sure to enjoy.
Included in The Best of Christmas are:
• The complete text of thirty holiday classics, each elegantly formatted for ease of use and enjoyment on your Nook reader.
• Links to free, full-length audio recordings of the stories and poems in this collection.
• An individual, active Table of Contents for each book accessible from the your device's "go to" feature.
• Perfect formatting in rich text compatible with Text-to-Speech features.
• A low, can't-say-no price!
30 Tales & Poems of Holiday Cheer!
Two poems and twenty-eight short stories and novellas, all centering around Christmas. Works included:
• 'Twas the Night Before Christmas* with the classic illustrations by F.O.C. Darley!
• 'Twas the Night After Christmas
Dicken's Christmas Novellas:
• A Christmas Carol* with original illustrations by John Leech!
• The Chimes
• The Cricket on the Hearth
• The Battle of Life
• The Haunted Man and the Ghost's Bargain
Short Stories and Novellas:
• The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry
• The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen
• The Steadfast Tin Soldier by Hans Christian Andersen
• The Fir Tree by Hans Christian Andersen
• The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum
• Old Christmas by Washington Irving
• The Elves and the Shoemaker by The Brothers Grimm
• A Christmas Tree by Charles Dickens
• The First Christmas Tree by Henry Van Dyke
• The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
• At Christmas Time by Anton Chekhov
• Christmas Cuckoo by Frances Browne
• The Burglar's Christmas by Willa Cather
• The Story of the Other Wise Men by Henry Van Dyke
• What Christmas Is as We Grow Older by Charles Dickens
• Christmas, or The Good Fairy by Harriet Beecher Stowe
• How the Captain Made Christmas by Thomas Nelson Page
• The Christmas Wreck by Frank R. Stockton
• The Christmas Angel by Henry Van Dyke
• Little Gretchen and the Wooden Shoe by Elizabeth Harrison
• A Christmas Inspiration by Lucy Maud Montgomery
• A Christmas Mistake by Lucy Maud Montgomery
• Papa Panov's Special Christmas by Leo Tolstoy
Additional Bonus Features
Also included are special features for any elf or snowmaiden, including:
• A Christmas Viewing Guide: a recommended viewing list of theatrical and television movies to get you in the mood for Christmas, including family favorites, classic Hollywood films, and stop-motion TV specials.
• The History of Christmas: a fascinating look into the origins of the holiday, and how it evolved through the ages to become the holiday we know and love.
• Christmas Around the World: a look at the variety of Christmas traditions around the globe, from making Christmas reservations at KFC in Japan, to leaving a bowl porridge to appease invisible house gnomes in Sweden.
• Links to free, full-length audio recordings of the books in this collection.
- Maplewood Books
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 3 MB
Meet the Author
- Date of Birth:
- February 7, 1812
- Date of Death:
- June 18, 1870
- Place of Birth:
- Portsmouth, England
- Place of Death:
- Gad's Hill, Kent, England
- Home-schooling; attended Dame School at Chatham briefly and Wellington
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >