Read an Excerpt
Can you read him like a book?
1. You offer your husband advice and he looks down. He’s probably:
a. Uneasy about admitting he needs you
b. Thinking your advice over
2.When a man wears a pinkie ring, you can be sure he:
a. Pays attention to his appearance
b. Is creative
3. You asked your man to pick up milk, but he forgot. When he didn’t offer an apology, you figured it was because:
a. He couldn’t admit that he was wrong.
b. He felt guilty.
4. After your first evening out together, your date nonchalantly utters, “I’ll call.” You:
a. Wait a week and see
b. Expect a call in the next day or so
5. While you’re talking to your mate, he leans on his elbow, chin propped in one hand. This means he’s:
a. Lost in his own thoughts
b. Hanging on your every word
6. If your man says he doesn’t want to talk about his feelings, it means he:
a. Prefers to work things out for himself
b. Has something to hide
7. Your guy’s signature slants to the right, meaning he’s an:
a. Extrovertemotional and charming
b. Introvertreserved and sensitive
8. If a man you’ve been dating for a month gives you a self-timing coffeemaker for your birthday, it’s because he’s:
a. Considerate; he wants to make your life easier
b. Not attracted to you in a romantic way
9. He rubs his nose while explaining why he’s late, letting you know that he:
a. Could be stretching the truth
b. Might be coming down with a cold
10. When a new boyfriend asks you about your before-he-came-along relationships, it’s usually because he:
a. Wants to know everything about you
b. Is feeling insecure
Give yourself 3 points for each "a" answer and 1 point for each "b."
If you scored 26 to 30 points:
Your vision is 20/20.
Open minded and receptive, you can read your partner like a book, responding intuitively to his every glance and gesture. It’s your ability to clearly see him and your life togetherthe wonders as well as the occasional trouble spotsthat has made your relationship so strong. Sharing such an easy rapport, it’s no surprise why you and your mate are best friends.
If you scored 20 to 25 points:
Most of the time, you get the message, but an occasional signal or two sneaks past your radar. And although your mate knows without a doubt how much you love him, why let a few crossed wires come between you and clear communication? Even if you’re almost sure you know what he’s getting at, ask directlyand make a clear connection!
If you scored 14 to 19 points:
It’s not that you can’t read his signals… you’ve just been misinterpreting them. But even though you often miss the precise meaning of his hints, it’s easier than you might think to “refocus.” Simply put yourself in his shoes when evaluating his next puzzling word or action. With a little effort, you’ll be reconnected in the blink of an eye.