The Bobbsey Twins Collection, Volume 5: in the Great West; at Cedar Camp; at the County Fairby Laura Lee Hope, Howard R. Garis, Walter Rogers
• * When
One of the longest running story series for children is "The Bobbsey Twins" and it has delighted children and their parents for over a hundred years now. Follow the adventures of two sets of young twins at the turn of the Twentieth Century when there were no telephones, radios, or televisions, and horses and carriages were common-place.
• * When the series begins (1904), Bert and Nan are eight, and Flossie and Freddie are four. The twins enjoy wonderful days filled with sunshine and love with their playmates, Grace, Nellie, and Charlie, and get into and out of trouble as only little kids can manage. Their dog, Snap, and their cat, Snoop, go along on many of their adventures as the family visits friends and relatives. First, Bert, Nan, Flossie, and Freddie help solve a strange mystery about an old man and his long-lost sons; next Bert and Nan get lost in a blizzard when the family goes to Mr. Bobbsey's new Christmas tree camp; and then Flossie and Freddie get carried away in a balloon when the family goes to a County Fair!
• * "The Bobbsey Twins" is one of the many children series written in the early 20th Century by the Stratemeyer Syndicate. Usually the first book in each series was written by Edward Stratemeyer, who then produced outlines for the other books in the series and hired writers to produce the actual books using a pseudonym. For the Bobbsey Twins' series the fake name was Laura Lee Hope.
• * "The Bobbsey Twins in the Great West" was published in 1920, "The Bobbsey Twins at Cedar Camp" was published in 1921, and "The Bobbsey Twins at the County Fair" was published in 1922. All three were written by Howard R. Garis and illustrated by Walter S. Rogers.
• * This edition includes the original twelve illustrations.
• * Check out the Flying Chipmunk Publishing catalog at Check out our other Laura Lee Hope books at www.FlyingChipmunkPublishing.com, or Friend us on Facebook for our latest Children's, Juvenile, and Adult releases.
- Wilder Publications
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.76(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >