Mark Rollins is a freelance technical writer, focused on today's most interesting technologies, especially Android. He has a degree in English. For more, visit writermarkrollins.blogspot.com.
The Business of Android Apps Development: Making and Marketing Apps that Succeedby Mark Rollins
The growing but still evolving success of theAndroid platform has ushered in a second mobile technology“gold rush” for apps developers, but with well over100,000 apps and counting in the Google Android Market and now the Amazon Android Appstore, it has become increasingly difficult for new applications to stand out in the crowd.Achieving consumer
The growing but still evolving success of theAndroid platform has ushered in a second mobile technology“gold rush” for apps developers, but with well over100,000 apps and counting in the Google Android Market and now the Amazon Android Appstore, it has become increasingly difficult for new applications to stand out in the crowd.Achieving consumer awareness and sales longevity for your Android app requires a lot of organization and some strategic planning.
Written for today's Android apps developer orapps development shop, The Business ofAndroid Apps Development shows how to incorporate marketing and business savvy into every aspect of the design and development process, giving your application the best possible chance of succeeding in the the various Android app stores and markets.
This book takes you step-by-step through cost-effective marketing,public relationsandsalestechniques that have proven successful for professional Android app creators and indie shopsperfect for independent developers on shoestring budgets. No prior business knowledge is required. This is the book you wish you had read before you launched your first app!
What you’ll learn
- How to analyze your ideas and competition, and identify your audience to evaluate sales potential
- How to protect your business and intellectual property and avoid potential legal hassles
- How to transform your Android app into a powerful marketing tool
- How to build synergy with in-app cross-promotion and social media
- How to utilize revenue-generating business models such as in-app advertising and in-app purchase using PayPal, GoogleCheckout, AdMob and much more
- How to improve usability and implement effective testing
- How to create a pre-release buzz online with Twitter, Facebook, blogs, and a dedicated website
- How to successfully navigate the Google Android Market and Amazon Appstore submission processes
- How to execute a post-release marketing strategy with press releases, app reviews, promotional sales and giveaways
Who this book is for
This book is for any developer looking to build a successful business sellingAndroid apps in the various Android app stores and marketplaces.
Table of Contents
- The Android Application Business
- Questions to Ask About YourAndroid Application
- Your Not Selling an Application, You're Selling a Culture
- Marketing Your Android Application
- How to Promote Android Applications Within Android Applications
- Marketing the Free Application
- In-App Billing: Putting a Store in Your Application
- The Prerelease Guide
- Publishing to the Android Market
- Best Launch Day Ever
- Keep the Application Fires Burning
- Programming in Android with the Eclipse IDE
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.70(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >