The Change Leader's Roadmap: How to Navigate Your Organization's Transformation / Edition 1by Linda Ackerman Anderson, Dean Anderson
Pub. Date: 03/28/2001
In their revolutionary book on leading organization transformation, Beyond Change Management, Linda S. Ackerman Anderson and Dean Anderson described a groundbreaking new approach to transforming an organization. In this companion volume, the authors provide you with specific how-to guidance for putting their breakthrough change theory into practice, offering
In their revolutionary book on leading organization transformation, Beyond Change Management, Linda S. Ackerman Anderson and Dean Anderson described a groundbreaking new approach to transforming an organization. In this companion volume, the authors provide you with specific how-to guidance for putting their breakthrough change theory into practice, offering detailed tools, techniques, and step-by-step processes. The Change Leader's Roadmap-part of the Practicing OD Series-provides the most comprehensive guidance available today for building transformational change strategy and designing and implementing successful transformation. The book gives you an extensive thinking discipline that helps you tailor the most effective change strategy and process plan for your specific organization, showing how to prioritize, integrate, and consolidate the multitude of human and organizational change initiatives that are required to support future success. In addition, you'll learn about key change support infrastructures that enable the organization to function effectively while it is undergoing its change. "Powerful business solutions to the current chaos facing many organizations today. Dean Anderson and Linda Ackerman Anderson get to the heart of change, the human touch, by using timeless techniques and tools." —Ken Blanchard, coauthor, The One Minute Manager and Gung Ho! "Having a vision and direction for change is one thing, implementing vision is quite another. It's the implementation, stupid! Linda Ackerman Anderson and Dean Anderson have been there and have done it. This book about implementing the change process is an invaluable guide for how to do it." —W. Warner Burke, professor of psychology and education, Teachers College, Columbia University, and Senior Advisor, PricewaterhouseCoopers "A useful model with pragmatic guidelines and clear and explicit tools and techniques that will assist individuals and groups thinking through and effectively leading the process of change in their organizations." —John Carter, Ph. D., GIC Organization & Systems Development Center The Authors Linda S. Ackerman Anderson spearheaded the development of the most comprehensive change management methodology available on the market today, leading the writing of the Change Process Guidebook for her company, Being First, Inc. She was one of the original creators of the Organization Transformation field, and has spoken about the subject all over the world. Dean Anderson is the creator of The Leadership Breakthrough Program, which is Being First's hallmark process for changing leadership mindset and transforming culture in corporations. During the late 1970s and 1980s he did groundbreaking work on how to optimize personal performance through personal change, and is currently a thought leader in the field of Organization Transformation.
Table of Contents
1. Phase I: Prepare to Lead the Change: Start Up, Staff, and Build the Case for Change.
2. Phase I: Prepare to Lead the Change: Assess the Organization's Readiness and Build Capacity for Change.
3. Phase I: Prepare to Lead the Change: Create the Infrastructure and Conditions to Support the Change Effort.
4. Phase I: Prepare to Lead the Change: Build the Change Strategy.
5. Phase II: Create Organizational Vision, Commitment, and Capacity to Succeed in the Change.
6. Phase III: Assess the Situation to Determine Design Requirements.
7. Phase IV: Design the Desired State.
8. Phase V: Analyze the Impact.
9. Phase VI: Plan and Organize for Implementation.
10. Phase VII: Implement the Change.
11. Phase VIII: Celebrate and Integrate the New State.
12. Phase IX: Learn and Correct Course.
13. Reactions to the Change Process Methodology.
14. Opportunities for Leveraging the Change Process.
15. Continuing the Journey to Conscious Transformation.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >